• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Henry's sacrifice

Travis Henry took painkiller shots for his torn rib cartilage before the game Sunday. I had that injury once. Every time you turn a certain way it feels like a stab of fire. And it leaves a kind of misshapen lump, which you can point to years later, as a reminder. That's the sacrifice Henry made to fortify a running game that beat the Bengals in the second half. In the first half Drew Bledsoe was 5 for 17, and seven possessions resulted in six three - and - outs. Without Henry, the Bills don't have a running game, unless you count their No.1 draft, Willis McGahee ... oh, pardon me, I forgot. That's for next year.
    Dr. Z
  • IHateTheDullphins
    New and Improved!!
    • Aug 2003

I like that "that's for next year" bit. TH is awesome.
    Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

Travis is a warrior.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

without Travis on the field last week we lose.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Travis is an inspiration to his teamates and Bills fans everywhere. No one should ever again question his heart.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• EricStratton
            • Jul 2002

That’s what pro athletes do, they play in pain and take stuff to deaden that pain. To call him an inspiration for taking the needle is a bit dramatic.

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
              New and Improved!!
              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by EricStratton
              That’s what pro athletes do, they play in pain and take stuff to deaden that pain. To call him an inspiration for taking the needle is a bit dramatic.
              You may be missing the entire point here. He's not an ispiration for taking the needle, he's an inspiration because he put his team ahead of himself and played in excrutiating pain for 4 quarters when someone like you would be in street clothes.
              Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

• elltrain22
                • Sep 2003

Travis did his job. Football is a game of pain, and these men get paid alot of money to fight through injuries. Would i want to play w/ a broke rib, hell no, and i do commend Travis for his effort, but this should not be confused with the man was just doing his job. He's probably going to shot up again this week, b/c we need him again this week to bail us out, now that Moulds is down for who knows how long.
                If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Unfortunately, many modern athletes do not play with the type of injury that Travis has. And I didn't call him an inspiration for taking an injection. Playing with torn rib cartelage takes an extreme amount of dedication, something which you obviously don't understand.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• EricStratton
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

You may be missing the entire point here. He's not an ispiration for taking the needle, he's an inspiration because he put his team ahead of himself and played in excrutiating pain for 4 quarters when someone like you would be in street clothes.

I was in street cloths but then again I’m not a pro athlete who’s job it is to play Sundays.

Players all over the NFL play hurt every game, it’s the nature of the beast.

Comment

• lordofgun
                      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I was in street cloths but then again I’m not a pro athlete who’s job it is to play Sundays.

Players all over the NFL play hurt every game, it’s the nature of the beast.
                      Clinton Portis doesn't.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• TigerJ
                        • Jul 2002

There are differences between players. Some players will play with more pain than others. Henry is not unique, but he is more willing than some to pay the price to help his team win. Kudos, TH!
                        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

not only play in pain.. but play damn well in pain.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• stuckincincy
                            Buffalo Bills Fan
                            • Sep 2003

Two up: 's for TH...
                            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                              Buffalo Bills Fan
                              • Sep 2003

Two 's for TH...
                              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

Working...
                              X