PDA

View Full Version : Pro Football Weekly on #2 WR

G. Host
10-08-2003, 08:02 PM
Despite continued rumors that WR Bobby Shaw will take over the Bills’ No. 2 WR spot from Josh Reed in the very near future, our sources say that you still shouldn’t believe it. Buffalo prefers Reed as the No. 2 and will keep him there, and Shaw will remain in the slot. Shaw has made plays, no doubt, while Reed has struggled to get separation from defensive backs in single coverage. But the Bills do not believe Shaw can handle the No. 2 spot better than Reed, particularly since Shaw did not perform well in the role last season in Jacksonville. The thought is, much like with Reggie Wayne and Peyton Manning in Indianapolis, QB Drew Bledsoe and Reed will simply have to work up a mutual confidence and trust. The Bills hope that it doesn’t take a couple of years, as it seemed to do with Manning and Wayne, but they are willing to give Reed the time to adjust to the position.

njsue
10-08-2003, 08:06 PM
Josh Reed needs to focus on catching the darn ball.:bravo:

Jan Reimers
10-09-2003, 08:25 AM
I think we will see a big game from Reed on Sunday. He hasn't lost the skills he displayed last year, he's just been in a slump. If thrown to often, he will be a key player for us.

The Shadow
10-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Something somebody mentioned a few months ago still sticks in my brain about Reed. It was said he gave a radio interview and sounded like he was either drunk out of his mind or on something,making him very hard to understand. Ever since Josh has played like dog *****. I'm not saying he's abusing anything, but he could be caught up in fame and partying too much. Here's hoping he figures out what the deal is before he finds himself wondering what happened.

ryven
10-09-2003, 08:35 AM
this season it seems like he is dropping the easy ones, but he catching most of the hard ones. Maybe with moulds being out he'll catch some of those tough ones and get some real confidence.

Thailog80
10-09-2003, 08:47 AM
I think Reed has more drops than receptions. Thats bad. Come on JR show us why you won the Beilitnecof(sp) in College.

The_Philster
10-09-2003, 05:06 PM
He keeps this up and he'll be thought of like Russell Copeland.

G. Host
10-09-2003, 05:08 PM
They ought to use him like they did Beebe and Tasker on reverses and other plays until he gets his groove back. He is very good at running after the catch!