PDA

View Full Version : We are in trouble w/o Moulds...

elltrain22
10-08-2003, 11:33 PM
I hate to say this but, our team is really going to miss Eric Moulds on Sunday versus the Jets. Moulds has had a solid season so far, again, and he is the best offensive weapon that the Buffalo features. Without Moulds, the Bills will have to really heavily on a very shaky running game. The big question here in this game is; Can Buffalo produce at least 150 yards on the ground, and eat up at least 60% time of possession? If the Bills can effectively produce well on the ground, then and only then will the passing game ever open up. Speaking of opening up, Josh Reed definetley needs to step it up for the Bills this week, especially in the absense of Moulds. Reeds has had a horriffic start of the season, dropping several key passes that were very catchable balls.

The chances of this happening on Sunday remains to seen, pretty much b/c we haven't seen it since last season. Our offense needs to make a statement in this game that lets opposing defenses know that the Bills will run the ball effectively to set up the pass. Greg Williams needs to also work on very stupid penalties, especially on offense. Williams has also been very shaky on alot of calls this year, and of course in past seasons.

Overall, Buffalo I still think will win, even thought Vinny Testerverdes' last win was at Buffalo week one last year. The Jets are banged up, and they have no confidence w/o Chad Pennington at the helm. It all spells for a close AFC east divisional game, but in the end the Bills will win........ 24-17.

--nate clements will have a pick'

kardshark19
10-08-2003, 11:50 PM
Also, they don't have the return game that broke our backs in week 1

Indy Bills Fan
10-09-2003, 12:20 AM
If we have to lose Moulds for a game I would rather do it this week than in the next couple after that. We at least have a fighting chance without him this week.

HenryRules
10-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Here's what worries me ... teams have been double teaming Moulds all year and no other receiver has really made a big impact (a catch here or there, but nothing else). Now, without Moulds I don't see teams all of a sudden deciding to double a receiver when single coverage has worked all year, so they're probably going to put another guy in the box. How are we going to get a running game going then?