X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gunzlingr
    • Jul 2002

It's final: Leftwich No. 1 QB

Coach Jack Del Rio has officially passed the Jaguars' quarterback torch from veteran Mark Brunell to rookie Byron Leftwich.
    Making the team's first non-injury related quarterback change since Brunell replaced Steve Beuerlein in the team's initial season in 1995, Del Rio called Brunell Tuesday and informed him that he'll be the backup behind Leftwich when his elbow is healed.

Brunell said he would accept his role without asking to be traded or demanding to be released.

"I'm not going to go out of here like that. I'm not going to cry, take my ball and go home. I'm not bitter. I'm not mad at the organization. I'm not out to make problems around here. I refuse to do that. It's unfortunate. There's a lot worse things in life. You have to keep things in perspective and do your job," he said.

"I know if I'm called upon, I'll be ready to roll."

more
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Del Rio unafraid of tough choices

In his first season in charge, Jacksonville coach chooses to start rookie quarterback Byron Leftwich ahead of veteran Mark Burnell for the rest of season.
    Funny that Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio would pick the week he plays the Dolphins to make the most important decision of his young career as a coach.

On Tuesday, Del Rio told veteran starter Mark Brunell that rookie Byron Leftwich will be the starter the rest of the season. Del Rio said Brunell, once a fan favorite in Jacksonville and the team's top quarterback during its history, would be the backup even after he has returned to full health.

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍