PDA

View Full Version : Question to all Bills fans

LABillsFan
09-26-2002, 12:26 PM
Justs out of curiosity, how many of you post on other AFCE team fan sites to the extent they do here? It seems so many threads are started with valid questions and points then "one of them" desides to post and it all goes down hill after that. The thread starts being an "Oh Yeah" contest. :fight:
I had to put a few intruders on my ignore list so I wouldn't have to deal with all the nonsense and then scroll down a few posts to until the bickering was over and the original topic resurfaced. Sometimes it didn't at all. Just wondered if any of us were dissing them as much as they do us. Or is it a matter of their site being lame and unattended. Judging by their post count and topic or lack there of, if I was a fan of their team, I probably wouldn't post there either. :scratch:

Buffalofan
09-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Personally I dont waste my time by going to other team sites to post. In my opinion that shows poor taste and a total lack of class. And I bet if you asked the players they would say the same thing. It just makes the fans of the other team look like a bunch of ignorant kids. If you have nothing better to do than to try and talk smack on someone elses board I say you need to get a life .. I wont mention names but most of the lonely geeks live in south Florida.

LABillsFan
09-26-2002, 12:48 PM
I don't go there either and agree with you 100%. It's sad really, but it does point out something that may be over looked, The Zone is a great site and the jealous stems from not having the dedication or fan base to build one of their own.

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2002, 12:56 PM
I go to fin heaven sometimes but not so much lately.

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2002, 12:56 PM
Why is it sad to go to another teams site and ruffle some feathers and keep the rivalry going?

Bufftp
09-26-2002, 12:57 PM
Not all outside fans are obnx. Phins054 is pretty cool for example. It all depends how one acts I suppose.

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 01:00 PM
:clap:

I tried to make that point to the moderators here, but it fell on deaf ears.

The site is called Billsfanzone, yet I have never seen so many non-Bills fans in my life. Don't get me wrong, this site overall, is 100 times better than Stadium Wall, but it would be 1,000 times better if we simply kept the non-Bill fan trolls out of here.

I would never go to another team's site to talk trash. It is childish.

I also put them on Ignore and I make sure I rate every single one of their posts with disapproval hoping that every one will as well -- see my post earlier today "Come On Guys/Gals -- Help Me Out Here"

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
...It's sad really, but it does point out something that may be over looked, The Zone is a great site and the jealous stems from not having the dedication or fan base to build one of their own.

That is my theory as well.

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Come on Creem lets go to finheaven and talk it up!! It will be fun!

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Bufftp
....Phins054 is pretty cool for example...

...for being a stinkin' rotting dead fish fan. Butt (spelling intended), He/she/it is still a non-Bills fan and thus should have been killed at birth:rock:

Oh, that is going to make phin breath cry like a beached whale.

WG
09-26-2002, 01:08 PM
We actually try to encourage opposing fans, especially divisional fans and those of the teams we're playing that week to come over and talk "smack."

The couple of fin fans that come here are regulars, albeit streaky at times. Nonetheless, the people they get going the most are those the newest ones. You'll grow and learn to love them, kind of like the in-laws. :D

Besides, w/ fin fans, just remember, it's he who laughs last who laughs best! The playoffs, where Miami really shines, :lol:, are still FAR away. Ricky still has to get hurt. Lots of other things still have to happen.

I know that occasionally some posters from here go to their sites. But I never do, or very rarely. Actually, I'd like to see if there's a Bears site somewhere to start exchanging some smack.

We'll do some research for the opposing fan site for the week to go trade smack. That outta liven things up even more.

Hehehe...

Thanks for suggesting it Creemore...!

:D

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Come on Creem lets go to finheaven and talk it up!! It will be fun!

:moon:

I will talk all the trash here, but I just think that going elsewhere is something you do pre-puberty.

Oh, I will drink with you Manator, but I will NOT go there.

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2002, 01:23 PM
Well lets drink then!!!! :cheers:

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2002, 01:23 PM
LOG likes to go to finheaven!

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 01:24 PM
LOG likes to go to finheaven!
:rocket:

northernbillfan
09-26-2002, 01:25 PM
I like having the rivalries on this board. If they get out of hand, we take care of them in due fashion.

I go to the website of the team we are going to play on Sundays to talk a little smack, but I am nice. It isn't a, "you suck" kind of thing. Just some general good wishes and all.

Creemoredrinker
09-26-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
...I go to the website of the team we are going to play on Sundays to talk a little smack, but I am nice. It isn't a, "you suck" kind of thing. Just some general good wishes and all.

:argue:

WG
09-26-2002, 01:27 PM
Ahh, here it is!

Dozer's hard work:

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/templates/view.php?state=news&action=YourSite_content&month=12&nid=1

It's on the home page down the right side under "The Zone"/"NFL Team News & Fan Pages"

Here's the Chicago site:

http://www.webwaymonsters.com/phpBBPlus/viewforum.php?forum=1&3996

THATHURMANATOR
09-26-2002, 01:28 PM
I am serious LOG and I and a bunch of the boys used to go there all the time and stir things up!!!

northernbillfan
09-26-2002, 01:35 PM
We used to go there a lot in the off season. Hell, if it wasn't for us, there would have NO talk on the boards.

We fired them up and they proceeded to ban or edit or delete our posts and threads!

At least we act civil here towards the opposing fans.

We are a board run by fans, run for the fans. Did we chew up the Broncos fans last week, no. Will we chew up some Bears fans this week, again NO!

Fin fans hang here because no Fin board has good posters. And you can't deny the rivalry between Miami and Buffalo. As long as everybody behaves, they are welcome here.

LABillsFan
09-26-2002, 01:43 PM
Wow, gone for 10 min.'s and all these posts, Did I strike a nerve?
Rivals yes, but come on, uh I can't think of anything poignant to say other than "you guys suck" is smack?? That's not smack, that's JACK. Maybe all the posters from other teams can have a discussion about football and instead of a smack off they can call it a Jack ... you know what I mean.

northernbillfan
09-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Or is it a matter of their site being lame and unattended. Judging by their post count and topic or lack there of, if I was a fan of their team, I probably wouldn't post there either.
That is what it boils down to L.A. No activity means no one to talk to.

I posted on the Bears board and they have a lot of activity on there board. Very strong, and you do not see too many of them here.

Cntrygal
09-26-2002, 06:14 PM
I go to a few other boards and very rarely have any trouble at other sites. I have no problem with following their TOS. Unfortunately there is always the few that want to just cause trouble. (Yes, even the rare Bills fan :mad: )

WCoastFin
09-26-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Buffalofan
Personally I dont waste my time by going to other team sites to post. In my opinion that shows poor taste and a total lack of class. And I bet if you asked the players they would say the same thing. It just makes the fans of the other team look like a bunch of ignorant kids. If you have nothing better to do than to try and talk smack on someone elses board I say you need to get a life .. I wont mention names but most of the lonely geeks live in south Florida.

Its sad that people like this are so closed minded......They are the type that are stuck in their own little Buffalo worlds with thier own little Buffalo dreams....those that agree with this kind of stuff are sad people too....Thats why they hardly have any football knowledge....they dont know whats going on around the league, they are just so focused in on thier teams that they hardly know players around the league....Heck, some of these guys you might even ask them who's on thier team, and theyre the type that will give you the names of the known all-stars only......you may also ask them what other teams records are around the league or even what place are they in the division and they will respond with a simple..."I dont know"......or a "I just like them becuz they are the hometown favorite" or "I like them becuz my big brother thinks theyre the best"......I am a Dolphins fan, but besides that Im a football addict, I enjoy talking to people who have the same kind of love for the NFL as I do... and I dont see anything wrong with that...Or else imagine if everybody in the world were bill fans.......How fun would that be?

Novacane
09-26-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

You'll grow and learn to love them, kind of like the in-laws. :D

:D

I still can't stand mine!

LABillsFan
09-27-2002, 02:30 PM
I read Urlachermania's post, seems like a good sport about the game, no Bledsoe is a wuss, we're going to kick you butt cuz you guys suck, and MOST of the replies back to him we along the same line cordial banter. To me that's what it's about, if you want to talk smack, or show your loyalty to your team on a rival forum, do so with class, don't talk out of your ***. There is no recognizable thought process in you "You guys suck".

lordofgun
09-27-2002, 02:41 PM
I am serious LOG and I and a bunch of the boys used to go there all the time and stir things up!!!

It's true! :wail:

But I got help.

They got mad at me at finheaven for starting a thread proclaiming that Bills fans have taken over their message board, and that it is now a Bills board. Whay would they get mad about that? :huh:

Seriously though, there are some good people at finheaven. The owner of that site and myself chat all the time about ways to make each others' website better. He was even trying to get our site into a fan site alliance.

Creemoredrinker
09-27-2002, 02:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lordofgun
[B]They got mad at me at finheaven for starting a thread proclaiming that Bills fans have taken over their message board, and that it is now a Bills board. Whay would they get mad about that? :huh:

LABillsFan
09-28-2002, 09:19 AM
Props to Big Bad Bear for keeping it civil and actually having a point to his posts.

Cntrygal
09-28-2002, 09:42 AM
Props to Big Bad Bear for keeping it civil and actually having a point to his posts.

I agree.