PDA

View Full Version : Lawyer vs Coy

BF_in_Indiana
10-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Here are the projected stats for Lawyer this season.

90 tackles
5 sacks

Compare that to Coy last year

92 tackles
3 sacks

I'm sure Lawyer is going to pick one off somewhere along the line and probably more then 1 too. His coverage is better and he is a better overall fit for our D. I think this is a case of the stats not really telling the true story here. Just thought I would post this.

The Spaz
10-09-2003, 10:36 AM
I don't even know what to say about this except stats don't mean *****.....lol;)!

stuckincincy
10-09-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by BF_in_Indiana
Here are the projected stats for Lawyer this season.

90 tackles
5 sacks

Compare that to Coy last year

92 tackles
3 sacks

I'm sure Lawyer is going to pick one off somewhere along the line and probably more then 1 too. His coverage is better and he is a better overall fit for our D. I think this is a case of the stats not really telling the true story here. Just thought I would post this.

I think Wire's kinda in the Mark Pike/Steve Tasker mold. 2nd year in the league after being a college lb. He's a class kid. He may never be a star, I suppose, but i'm glad he's on the roster :up:

casdhf
10-09-2003, 11:20 AM
I'm gonna guess 45 of Coy's tackles came 20 yards downfield.

stuckincincy
10-09-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
I'm gonna guess 45 of Coy's tackles came 20 yards downfield.

You dog. :D

Billsouth
10-09-2003, 12:56 PM
i notice we dont have any stats for number of bone head plays and times beaten on pass plays. i suspect wire would have more than lawyer.

BF_in_Indiana
10-09-2003, 01:39 PM
That was the point I was trying to make. The stats don't really tell the story with these two. Lawyer has been much more productive out there.

stuckincincy
10-09-2003, 01:40 PM
2 yr vet converted lb vs. 9-year vet safety. Apples and oranges.

BillsOwnAll
10-09-2003, 01:41 PM
yah lawer causes incompletes....so incompletes=no tackles....and most QB's try to through on other side of field of milloy....that stats is messed up you cant brag about it.

BillsNick
10-09-2003, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure I get the point of this thread. I mean I understand what is being said here, but I don't know what bearing this has on anything.

BF_in_Indiana
10-09-2003, 02:04 PM
No real bearing, I just thought I would post the projected stats since he was such a gift to get and I wanted to compare the two stat wise.

BillsNick
10-09-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by BF_in_Indiana
No real bearing, I just thought I would post the projected stats since he was such a gift to get and I wanted to compare the two stat wise.

:up: I gotcha now.

E-Klips
10-09-2003, 02:49 PM
Coy Wire doesen't have the instincts that Milloy has. He also doesen't have the experience. Wire might become a solid safety. Right now, he's just too anxious to make a big play and ends up making big mistakes. Like last year when he would always over-persue a play and was out of position so many times.

stuckincincy
10-09-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by E-Klips
Coy Wire doesen't have the instincts that Milloy has. He also doesen't have the experience. Wire might become a solid safety. Right now, he's just too anxious to make a big play and ends up making big mistakes. Like last year when he would always over-persue a play and was out of position so many times.

:up: Nice analysis of 'em so far. Still like'em as a special teamer.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-09-2003, 03:22 PM
Hey Billsouth, I have to tell you that the picture you have with Rickey Williams makes me laugh every time.

E-Klips
10-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by stuckincincy
:up: Nice analysis of 'em so far. Still like'em as a special teamer.

He's a much better fit there, at least for now.