X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H2OBFLO
    • Jul 2002

Who'll play CENTER?

For the longest time, I've been reading that Jonas was getting all or most of the snaps, but I've just received my SHOUT, and it says that Teague is projected at center, I guess they're still trying out both guys.
    Who would be the best choice?
    I read that Jennings is ProBowl material, he'd be better off at tackle then I think.
    H2OBFLO:drinker:
    GO BILLS!!!
    Cold BEER,Hot WINGS and Friends.
  • Winfield_26
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

I have siad before that I would like Jennings ot stay at Tackle not C. Teague/Ostroski/Contany can all play C. A possible line combo is:
    Jennings-Brown-Teague-Ostroski/Sullivan-Williams

I really like that possible combo.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

i completely agree guys. I think when all is said and done, we'll see Jennings back at center. I'm hoping the minicamps expiriments were just that...expiriments.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Wys Guy
        Drew and Sam stole all my hair
        • Jul 2002

Center? Or Tackle LOG?

I agree w/ Winfield! Jennings will be at LT for now. I'll also predict that Jennings will be the RT next year unless he becomes an absolute and dominating force at LT.
        Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Buffarama
          Football-Sport of the Gods
          • Jul 2002

I say if you got a guy that can play tackle, like Jennings you play him there. Yet , if he can dominate at center, you can run up the middle. Tough call. Remember, injuries happen, these guys will move all over the place.

Comment

• BillsNYC
            Man of the People
            • Jul 2002

jwnnings....he has the right attitude for it and seams like he want to learn the position...i like teague as a solid tackle...probably not a pro bowler....but solid
            Thank you.

Comment

• angneli
              • Jul 2002

Put the best five lineman on the field. Shouldn't we be thinking about experience a LT. I think it would be better for chemistry on the line, while everyone is learning the new offense.

I have heard that Teague might develop an attitude problem if he doesn't play tackle.
              "You left me there! Ol' Roy out there by himself, with the buzzards pickin' at my head."

Comment

• lordofgun
                in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Yeah I meant tackle...thanks wys.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

That's the thing I love about this new Oline. It seems like many of them can play several positions. That'll help in case of injuries.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Let's give Jennings the center spot. This kid can be a pro bowler there

Comment

• BillC
                      The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
                      • Jul 2002

Jennings? Leave him at tackle! You can't be serious.

Conaty can hang in there until next season when we can grab a big name center in free agency.

Is that an oxymoron? Are there any "Big Name" centers?

Comment

• askabry
                        • Jul 2002

Here's my two pennies...

First off, I think the coaches have already begun to realize from their brief sightings that Mike Williams is in for a long, long season.

Secondly, with that problem surfacing, the Bills have a competant-not dominant-center on their roster right now in Billy Conaty. I think we will see a lineup consisting of Trey Teague at LT, Jennings at RT, with Brown, Conaty and Ostroski playing from the outset of the year.

In time, Williams will be able to play RT and when he does you'll see Teague switch to C and Jennings at LT. In the meantime, look for the Bills to keep an additional OT on the roster this fall. My bet is Kris Farris surprises and pushes Pucillo to the PS.
                        what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                        • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                        • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                        • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                        • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                        • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• angneli
                          • Jul 2002

You have to put Williams on the field. The best thing for him is experience.
                          "You left me there! Ol' Roy out there by himself, with the buzzards pickin' at my head."

Comment

• askabry
                            • Jul 2002

mmmm. You have to keep Bledsoe's head attached to his neck.
                            what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                            • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                            • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                            • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                            • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                            • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• Winfield_26
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Farris is not going to push Pucillo to PS, how can you PS a guy ho can play G, or T. Thats too versatile.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X