PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing to get ready for some... HOCKEY

David Deboudt
10-09-2003, 02:51 PM
Hey guys,

I would like to know what you guys are doing to get ready for Opening Night... do you have any superstition, ritual or things like that for good luck?

Talking about that, there's a RULE i would like to install it, something I'm very attached to. I don't want any of you guys to say or write the word 'shutout' during a game when one of our goaltender is still unbeaten... that's really something I hate to see... I know it may be a personnal thing, but I insist... the person that will write the word will put bad luck on our goalie... so I may have to kill you :2guns:

Makaveli
10-09-2003, 03:02 PM
yea I totally agree witht he shutout thing! and I don't have any rituals, I just get my big Sabres Mug, fill it up with Pepsi, get some Nachos and Salsa and then listen to the Sabres on the computer lol, i can't afford NHL Center Ice! theres gunna be like 15 Sabres game on tv for me this season though
:up:

Rhett4NHL
10-09-2003, 03:04 PM
I'm taking a nice "I just finished my paper and don't have a class for five more days" nap. Then I'm going to have a nice quick energy dinner with my friends so I can be super enthusiastic later, get back to the dorm, crash on the bed, and get ready to yell a lot.

I do have one superstition, too. I have one friend that casually likes the Sabres and never usually watches the full games. But whenever he shows up during the third period, the Sabres win.

When they were down 3-0 to Atlanta with about 9-12 minutes (don't remember exactly) left in the third this spring, he arrived, and they scored 4 quick goals in possibly the greatest game of the year. So if they're losing, I'll hunt him down in the third for some good luck charm!

David Deboudt
10-09-2003, 03:10 PM
To start the season, I will spend the whole evening working on the website, update as many things as I can... I ate pizzas with american potatoes for dinner (which is unusal for me since I'm French and don't eat many american things ;))

Before the game, I'll take my Sabres flag and spread it on my couch. Then, I'll sing both anthems and put the sound loud on my big computer...

I'll then chat on this board as much as possible... THAT WILL BE FUN!!!!

GO SABRES :D

Rhett4NHL
10-09-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by David Deboudt
To start the season, I will spend the whole evening working on the website, update as many things as I can... I ate pizzas with american potatoes for dinner (which is unusal for me since I'm French and don't eat many american things ;))

Before the game, I'll take my Sabres flag and spread it on my couch. Then, I'll sing both anthems and put the sound loud on my big computer...

I'll then chat on this board as much as possible... THAT WILL BE FUN!!!!

GO SABRES :D

I hope the potato wasn't on the pizza. I don't think that's American ; )

Milenko
10-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Hes not american so it dont matter :-p

David Deboudt
10-09-2003, 04:21 PM
Nop, they weren't on the pizza. BUt we have famous French pizzas where you put them ON the pizza with tons of other things :D

SABuffalo786
10-10-2003, 10:11 AM
Pizza is the universal language.

(I just had a GREAT one from Grasso's in Depew)

Myers57
10-10-2003, 10:12 AM
I really do not have a set ritual, but usually i plop down in front of the TV and watch the game, and during the intermissions I shoot some shots on my deck, and after the game I plop down at the computer, catch up with what i missed during the game here on the forum, and then get writing that post game report!

alyson
10-10-2003, 02:44 PM
What are American potatoes?
My normal ritual, sadly like many others of you, is to make sure my Internet is up and running so I can listen to the games. Last night (don't forget, I'm in Baltimore. We barely get to see Caps games).
But last night I got to see the game on tv. I had my Sabres t-shirt on and went to my favorite bar in Fells Point. I met a guy there who is a Flyers fan (cool guy, besides that one glaring fault!) so we had fun watching the game together while I ignored my other friends all night. Then, to top it all off, I find out the owner of the bar is from Buffalo and so he watches the Bills games every Sunday there AND gets Empire, so I can watch Sabres games there as often as I want! Rock on!
Watching them lose with a Flyers fan was a bit crushing, but it was fun to watch anyway. HOCKEY'S back! Yay!
Did anyone see my man Miro come back like two minutes after he left bleeding? He kicks ass!

David Deboudt
10-10-2003, 03:08 PM
American Potatoes are made by Pizza Hut. They're like French Fries but bigger pieces of potatoe :S

Rhett4NHL
10-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by David Deboudt
American Potatoes are made by Pizza Hut. They're like French Fries but bigger pieces of potatoe :S

How come we don't get American potatoes in America? We're stuck with these "Liberty Fries" now. What's up with that? Put the French back in the fry, I say.

Myers57
10-10-2003, 03:49 PM
Those American Potatoes are good, but I prefer french fries...

It is sad to see the US opposition to France and I have participated in many debates about the topic and I think that this hating of France is the stupidest thing in the world...

As my profile says, this has been Darryl's two cents...

alyson
10-10-2003, 04:33 PM
I was going to go to Paris for New Year's (I have a friend who lives there) but I can't go. I'm going for Spring Break instead. Yeah, why hate France? But then again, everyone hates our country and they should really hate our government, not us :)

fushetti
10-10-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Milenko
Hes not american so it dont matter :-p

Milenko,

Does the creator of that Sabres logo know that you are making things with his logo on it? I'm just asking because he's my best friend.