• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

When will Bills 65 defense get props?

Not one of those great defenders is in hall of fame - Mike Stratton, Butch Byrd, George Saimes, etc. One of the fewest allowable yards running in history of NFL.

When?
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I think I read somewhere that fans could make nominations for the Hall to make considerations on. While those players were very good, the one I would nominate above all of them would be DT Tom Sestak.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• TomNJ
      • Oct 2003

Love to see it!
      You can take the man out of Buffalo.....
      But you can't take Buffalo out of the man!

Comment

• helmetguy
        Touch the helmet for luck
        • Sep 2002

One problem...33 years since the merger and the AFL is STILL only getting limited props, like Billy Shaw in '99 (the only HOFer who played his entire career in the AFL). Too many old guard writers are still not sure the AFL will ever be a viable enterprise, and the younger writers (say VOTERS) never HEARD of the AFL. Just an observation.
        Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
        And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• G. Host
          Banned
          • Jul 2002

Yeah you hear about old NFL

but some of the writers especially in NFC towns as well as some damn CBS mouthpieces still treat the AFL as a stepchild.

Comment

• E-Klips
            You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
            • Oct 2003

That's because it WAS the stepchild, just like the USFL and the XFL were. That doesen't mean there weren't some good players to come out of those leagues, it just means that none of them could ever hope to replace the NFL as THE professional football league.

To your argument of the '65 team, it sure would be nice to see those guys honored. Sestak, Stratton, and Byrd especially.
            CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

Working...
            X