PDA

View Full Version : When will Bills 65 defense get props?

G. Host
10-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Not one of those great defenders is in hall of fame - Mike Stratton, Butch Byrd, George Saimes, etc. One of the fewest allowable yards running in history of NFL.

When?

The_Philster
10-09-2003, 07:51 PM
I think I read somewhere that fans could make nominations for the Hall to make considerations on. While those players were very good, the one I would nominate above all of them would be DT Tom Sestak.

TomNJ
10-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Love to see it!

helmetguy
10-09-2003, 10:44 PM
One problem...33 years since the merger and the AFL is STILL only getting limited props, like Billy Shaw in '99 (the only HOFer who played his entire career in the AFL). Too many old guard writers are still not sure the AFL will ever be a viable enterprise, and the younger writers (say VOTERS) never HEARD of the AFL. Just an observation.

G. Host
10-10-2003, 09:07 AM
but some of the writers especially in NFC towns as well as some damn CBS mouthpieces still treat the AFL as a stepchild.

E-Klips
10-10-2003, 09:15 AM
That's because it WAS the stepchild, just like the USFL and the XFL were. That doesen't mean there weren't some good players to come out of those leagues, it just means that none of them could ever hope to replace the NFL as THE professional football league.

To your argument of the '65 team, it sure would be nice to see those guys honored. Sestak, Stratton, and Byrd especially.