X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

Sabres are slow

For a team generally lacking in size, the Sabres are suprisingly slow. You would think if you have no gearth up front, you'd have some speed. We don't seem to have either.
    Dumont is a perfect example. I can see right now he's a bust for good. He's small, yet has no speed, and if he had grit he couldn't use it.
    Did I hear McKee's name twice tonight?
    I'm already seeing no speed, no size, no grit. No captain either. No big strong defenseman. Just a Rob Ray clone that sees the ice a few shifts every game.
    This is all a formula for disastor.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • Myers57
    Registered User and McLovin stunt double
    • Sep 2003

Afinogenov isn't

Comment

• alyson
      Sabre11 Rules the TZ!!!!
      • Sep 2003

So negative after only one regular season game?!?! :)

Comment

• Rhett4NHL
        UltimateSabres Director of Writing Operations
        • Sep 2003

I'm not sure that the Sabres looked slow. Afinogenov was flying and Briere looked nifty. Botterill's the only guy that moved like molasses out there, but then again, what did you expect from the guy.

I don't think the players were particularly slow, but rather, languid. They just didn't show up to play and the work ethic was lacking. That's been their moniker for two years now.
        "If the gods exist, then why is the world so full of pain and injustice?"

"Because of men like you."

"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Comment

Working...
        X