• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

i didn't realize our D was ranked so high

according to NFL.com the Bills defense is ranked 7th in total defense, and 3rd in passing defense.

That is a nice surprise....i didn't think our D was doing that well.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Not just that...check this out. They don't recommend starting ANY of the Jets offensive players on Yahoo FFL. Apparently our secondary and defense is on the best in the league.

Comment

• BillsBoy
      I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
      • Aug 2002

DAMN! Yahoo Sports loves our D! Makes us sound like the best D in the league
      If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

The real problem with our stats: 31st in rushing offense; tied for 23rd in rushing defense. THE single biggest recipe for disaster in the NFL. Hopefully we can turn those numbers around against a woeful Jets team.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsBoy
            DAMN! Yahoo Sports loves our D! Makes us sound like the best D in the league
            EXACTLY! What defense are they watching?

Originally posted by Cntrygal
            My thought exactly!

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Re: i didn't realize our D was ranked so high

Originally posted by shelby
              according to NFL.com the Bills defense is ranked 7th in total defense, and 3rd in passing defense.

7th I believe, 3rd I don't. Are they crazy?
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jaded 7
                Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                • Jul 2002

My brother has them in his fantasy football league. I was shocked he picked them. I didn't think they were that good either. lol

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                The only answer I found for all this hurt
                Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

They've been doing well for me in my fantasy league. They're not giving up many points at all and they've been getting INT's which is nice. Seems like the old "bend but don't break" philosophy.

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    The real problem with our stats: 31st in rushing offense; tied for 23rd in rushing defense. THE single biggest recipe for disaster in the NFL. Hopefully we can turn those numbers around against a woeful Jets team.
                    Those two #s there reflect one another. Because of the woeful ways of the offense in weeks 3 & 4, the Bills D did the majority of the work.

Against the Dolphins in week 3 the D found themselves on the field 40+ minutes. Ricky Williams really didn't find his nitch until the second half. He had only 17 rushes for 44 yards at the end of the 1st half. By the end of the third qrtr the D was exhausted and Williams just torched them.

Against the Eagles, the run D was pretty tight as well. It was that 63 yard running TD that not only ended the game, but pushed Philly's running game way up. Again, the offense wasn't getting their job done and the defense had tired by the end of the 4th qrtr.

Regardless, the D has kept us alive in every game this season. The stats are slightly skewed because of the performance of the Bills O. The Bills offense is the real concern here.

Comment

• Dan Gross
                      • Oct 2003

Re: Re: i didn't realize our D was ranked so high

Originally posted by mybills

7th I believe, 3rd I don't. Are they crazy?
                      Okay, well, despite being 10th in passing attempts per game, they are:
                      4th in yards per game
                      1st in passing touchdowns allowed
                      4th (yes 4th) in interceptions
                      1st in ave yards per catch...
                      etc...
                      Okay, so they are 12th in completion percentage, middle of the pack in sacks, and towards the bottom of the middle in first downs allowed, but how crazy does 3rd sound based on that?

Again, for just the passing D. 3rd down %age, etc, doesn't count against them.

Comment

• E-Klips
                        You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
                        • Oct 2003

Who cares where they're ranked? As long as we win the Super Bowl, I don't care how highly ranked they are! Rankings are misleading anyway; the Pittsburgh Steelers are the #1 pass defense in the league if you look at the rankings, but if you watched the Sunday night game, they probably aren't the #1 pass defense in the city of Pittsburgh! Dallas is also highly ranked, yet they haven't beaten anyone tough yet. Check the rankings in February, when it matters.
                        CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                          • Mar 2003

You guys padded your stats vs my Patriots
                          I'm lost.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
                            You guys padded your stats vs my Patriots
                            Maybe you're right. It does help us look good when we play against such a sucky team
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• NoRing4U
                              • Jun 2003

Re: i didn't realize our D was ranked so high

Originally posted by shelby

It isn't

Stats can be decieving.

Comment

Working...
                              X