X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

It is not IF, but WHEN...

i cant believe miami is going to waste this kid in one season by giving him this many carries.. but they will.. and he will be lucky just to make it through the season... his odds are not good.

Dolphins | R. Williams On Pace For Attempt Record - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:09:40 -0700

Through four games, Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams is on pace for 460 carries, which would be an NFL single-season record.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

and big surprise here.. seau injured.

Dolphins | Hendricks To Start Jaguars Game - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:08:55 -0700

Miami Dolphins LB Tommy Hendricks practiced for the second consecutive day Thursday, Oct. 9, at the starting weak-side linebacker position. Hendricks will start in place of injured LB Junior Seau (hamstring) for the Sunday, Oct. 12, against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• jaja54
      • Aug 2003

Ricky's number of carries is up because of the 42 carries he had against you guys. Per Norv Turner, Ricky would have had 10 less carries if Fiedler does not overthrow the two open WR he had for TD's. This caused Ricky to continue the drive.

His average number of carries per game will go down. He only got 22 carries against the Giants. Our coaches are aware of the possiblity of over-use as well.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

it looks as if ricky will be the next earl campbell.bum phillips ran him into the ground.now we have dumb wannstadt.how many more john avery's will they draft after ricky's gone?
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jaja54
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
          it looks as if ricky will be the next earl campbell.bum phillips ran him into the ground.now we have dumb wannstadt.how many more john avery's will they draft after ricky's gone?
          Did you read my post? The coaches are aware and I don't think he'll get the ball 42 times again anytime soon.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jaja54

Did you read my post?
            ummmm.....NO!!!!i posted right after you.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

I don't care what Norv Turner says. Ricky Williams IS YOUR OFFENSE! He is going to get over 30 carries a game, all year and will probably tire out by the end of the season or suffer some kind of injury.

Comment

• PhinPhan1227
                • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mike32282
                I don't care what Norv Turner says. Ricky Williams IS YOUR OFFENSE! He is going to get over 30 carries a game, all year and will probably tire out by the end of the season or suffer some kind of injury.
                If he's the offense, and WILL get over 30 carries a game...was there a rip in the space/time contuum last week when Miami won and Ricky only got 22 carries?

Run-Ricky-Run!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jaja54

His average number of carries per game will go down. He only got 22 carries against the Giants. Our coaches are aware of the possiblity of over-use as well.
                  RW is great but he's no Superman. W/o him, the fins are finished.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• PhinPhan1227
                    • Apr 2003

Re: It is not IF, but WHEN...

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i cant believe miami is going to waste this kid in one season by giving him this many carries.. but they will.. and he will be lucky just to make it through the season... his odds are not good.

Dolphins | R. Williams On Pace For Attempt Record - from www.KFFL.com
                    Thu, 9 Oct 2003 22:09:40 -0700

Through four games, Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams is on pace for 460 carries, which would be an NFL single-season record.
                    And you don't think that rushing Willis back too soon also carries an increased risk of shortening his career?

Run-Ricky-Run!!!

Comment

• PhinPhan1227
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Um...DUH!!! Name me a team, and I'll show you a player who would ruin a season by going down. Tell me, how many win do the Bills get if Bledsoe goes down? And without a running game, Bledsoe will need to throw more often which increases his risk of injury. Injuries are going to happen...but unless the player has an injury history, who can say when?

Run-Ricky-Run!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

Um...DUH!!! Name me a team, and I'll show you a player who would ruin a season by going down. Tell me, how many win do the Bills get if Bledsoe goes down? And without a running game, Bledsoe will need to throw more often which increases his risk of injury. Injuries are going to happen...but unless the player has an injury history, who can say when?
                        I only stated that because if the fins coaching staff does indeed continue to work him at this pace, he may very be tired down the stretch.

QB's don't get hit as much as rb's.

And you don't think that rushing Willis back too soon also carries an increased risk of shortening his career?
                        I didn't hear the bills say they were rushing Willis back. I bet he hardly sees the field this season. Morris should be back and Henry will hopefully be healed by then.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• unleeshed1
                          • Oct 2003

Regardless of how many times RW runs, the Fins are going to have their hands full against Leftwich.

Comment

• jaja54
                            • Aug 2003

Originally posted by Mike32282
                            Just cause you think it up, and wish it, doesn't make it so. We'll see at the end of the season.

Comment

• jaja54
                              • Aug 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Agreed. And the coaches know that. So knowing that the coasches are aware of the issue, do you honestly think that they are going to put him in any situation that would hurt him? That would be committing employment suicide.

Comment

Working...
                              X