PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering if the Bills are the only

10-10-2003, 08:08 AM
stadium that give away the gameday this year. Some of you probably went or are going to away games. I like the reduced size of gameday and that one doesn't have to pay $4 for it.

Historian
10-10-2003, 08:19 AM
I don't know about football teams, but I can tell you the Tampa Bay Lightning have been doing it for several years now.

I think its a nice gesture.

E-Klips
10-10-2003, 08:21 AM
I think other places are doing it too. I'm not sure if it's a league-wide policy, but I've heard that other stadiums are giving away programs this year too.

jaja54
10-10-2003, 08:27 AM
Not Miami, greedy bastards!

SABURZFAN
10-10-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by jaja54
Not Miami, greedy bastards!

that's because they need the money.after the December swoon,they'll need to make up the money somehow.

Michael82
10-10-2003, 08:47 AM
I'm not sure, but it is nice to see! I just wonder why Buffalo doesn't do more gameday giveaways like some other teams do. Also, how come the NFL in general, doesn't have many giveaways, like the MLB and other leagues? I'd love to go to a game and get a free bobblehead again, or maybe a pin, or something to commemorate the addition to the wall of fame. Darryl Talley! Damn, I can't wait to see that! :D :up:

NEXT WEEK!

E-Klips
10-10-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282
I'm not sure, but it is nice to see! I just wonder why Buffalo doesn't do more gameday giveaways like some other teams do. Also, how come the NFL in general, doesn't have many giveaways, like the MLB and other leagues? I'd love to go to a game and get a free bobblehead again, or maybe a pin, or something to commemorate the addition to the wall of fame. Darryl Talley! Damn, I can't wait to see that! :D :up:

NEXT WEEK!

Good point. A friend of mine is a season ticket holder for the Pittsburgh Steelers and said that for the last season at Three Rivers Stadium, they gave away commemerative pins for each home game. Actually, I think they gave away some type of certificate that you took to the local store to get them, but they did this for each home game. I thought that was a nice move.

10-10-2003, 08:53 AM
The Bills did the magnets and that's it so far. I remember pom pom day and Swedish Fish day a couple years ago.
I thought that maybe they are giving a free program because they raised the parking $5
The fieldhouse is free again this year and they even give out the Buffalo newspaper, food samples and other FREE things. There is a milk truck that passes out Free milk.

G. Host
10-10-2003, 09:03 AM
At the opener after the game my brother and I picked up dozens of game programs and magnetic schedules. My brother gathered the coupons for the free coffee for his crews and I gave away the magnetic schedules at the Bills Bar during Jacksonsville game.

MikeH
10-10-2003, 09:17 AM
There are several teams that are giving away the mini-gameday program. They were handing them out at the preseason game in Baltimore vs. the Bills. I've also been told that they give them away at the Meadowlands for the Jets games. I guess those of us who will be at the game this week will find out.
Go Bills !!!
CNJBBB

E-Klips
10-10-2003, 09:18 AM
For every idiot who would throw those things away, there's a bunch of people who will either hold onto them or try to sell them for profit. I remember seeing tons of the pom-poms given out at the Tennessee game on sale on eBay just days after that game. I also saw plenty left on the floor by inconsiderate fans. Hey, those people work hard to make those things, then people just throw them away like that. What a waste.

Michael82
10-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by E-Klips
For every idiot who would throw those things away, there's a bunch of people who will either hold onto them or try to sell them for profit. I remember seeing tons of the pom-poms given out at the Tennessee game on sale on eBay just days after that game. I also saw plenty left on the floor by inconsiderate fans. Hey, those people work hard to make those things, then people just throw them away like that. What a waste.

AGREED! They always seem to have too many programs and magnets. Maybe they should have a limit and say ahead of time that _________(put limited number here) magnets/pins will be available before the game. First come first serve. There are people that are given these things and they dont want them, they usually chuck em. I have extra programs for all of the games so far, in case one gets ruined from the drunk people behind me spilling their beer.

10-10-2003, 11:25 AM
That's why I carry a folded plastic bag and put my stuff in it before it goes under my seat. The row behind never seem to completely empty their beer glasses before they toss them under my seat.

The_Philster
10-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by #89
That's why I carry a folded plastic bag and put my stuff in it before it goes under my seat. The row behind never seem to completely empty their beer glasses before they toss them under my seat.
My seat cushion has a pocket for that :up: