PDA

View Full Version : The running game should click this week

BF_in_Indiana
10-10-2003, 11:16 AM
The Jets are horrible against the run.

I think the move by Williams at the end of overtime last week (although I didn't like it at the time) to give the offensive line the chance to win the game by punching it in and smacking the Bengals in the mouth may be a turning point to our ground game. I never thought that deeply about it while at the Ralph while it was going on but after the game I gave it thought and thought it was a great idea to give the struggling o-line something to build on.

That being said, the Jets are going to rotate LBs and their line may be without Abraham if he is benched. We should run all over these guys.

ryjam282
10-10-2003, 11:18 AM
I second that motion.

GO BILLS!!!

Ryan

HenryRules
10-10-2003, 12:08 PM
Without Moulds ... our OL is gonna hafta really perform. NY is gonna bring 8 or 9 guys in the box all game I bet.

boomerjamhead
10-10-2003, 12:13 PM
I would hate to see the OL click this week and then have Henry cough one or two up. That would really suck.

G. Host
10-10-2003, 12:25 PM
I agree. It would give Gilbride his justification for throwing more. He has ran offenses which threw less and I think this is a valid reason for calling so many pass plays except Drew forces as many interceptions at wrong times as Henry drops balls.

Zona2
10-10-2003, 03:26 PM
Good Idea BF. I hope you are right. This is the game the coaches told us all off-season about. We MUST run the ball. We must run the ball. We must run the ball some more. Travis should have 30-35 carries minimum.

Who do you throw to? Isn't going to be Reed. Maybe the Te's or Shaw. Josh doesn't get 5 catches this week, or any other until he starts to catch the ball every time its thrown at him....

:gobills:

G. Host
10-10-2003, 03:41 PM
Reed *NEEDS* to get involved. Whether it is reverses, pitchouts or delays getting him some carries will get defenses to respect him and give him some confidence!

Reed is very god with yards after the catch and he should be able to block on some screens.

BF_in_Indiana
10-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Zona2
Good Idea BF. I hope you are right. This is the game the coaches told us all off-season about. We MUST run the ball. We must run the ball. We must run the ball some more. Travis should have 30-35 carries minimum.

Who do you throw to? Isn't going to be Reed. Maybe the Te's or Shaw. Josh doesn't get 5 catches this week, or any other until he starts to catch the ball every time its thrown at him....

:gobills:

I don't think we have to have 25 completions to win this game. A good 15-25 game from Drew would do the trick with 25 to 35 carries for Travis. Travis needs to have a good game ESPECIALLY with Willis waiting in the wings after this game. If he doesn't he could be in big trouble here in Buffalo.