PDA

View Full Version : USA Today / Pete O'Brien prediction

G. Host
10-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Buffalo (-2½) at New York Jets

The most interesting bet involving these teams is not on the game but on which player will hit the field first: Willis McGahee or Chad Pennington.

BILLS, 17-10

USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/columnist/obrien/2003-10-08-week6_x.htm)

stuckincincy
10-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Wonder why the line moved from 3 to 2 1/2? Maybe a bookie-bubble 'cause of the news about Penny? :idunno:

G. Host
10-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Most wise betters realize that the Jets coach will have DE play despite DUI conviction. He will be punished some other way.

E-Klips
10-10-2003, 01:12 PM
Moulds' injury also probably contributed to it. Travis may see some stacked fronts unless Shaw, Reed, Coleman and company can take the pressure off of them. The problem is going to be the matchup with our tackles and Ellis and Abraham, who are both playing well.

Turf
10-10-2003, 01:23 PM
I hate to burst anyones bubble, but I think Curtis Martin is going to run all over us, and Travis won't get much of anything. Gilbride will be his usual pass happy self. Until I see this team commit to anything else, I'm not buying in.

Dan Gross
10-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
Most wise betters realize that the Jets coach will have DE play despite DUI conviction. He will be punished some other way.

Yeah, I hear they will suspend him from playing offense.

GG1
10-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Curtis Martin has been looking very old this year.

Still, I just hope that the Bills D is ready, because this game has all the markings of a let down, Jets run game has been invisible, Vinny is reigned in by Hackett, and Conway got benched.

On paper, Jets shouldn't even suit up :jawdrop:

I've got Drew, Shaw & Cambell going again, so I'll be cheering loudly. :cheers:

Turf
10-10-2003, 02:01 PM
Curtis always rips us up. We always play bad in NY lately, flat. Now no Moulds, Travis is still injured, and Gilbride is not a day wiser.
I see a big flat goose egg being laid by the Bills.

The Spaz
10-10-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Curtis always rips us up. We always play bad in NY lately, flat. Now no Moulds, Travis is still injured, and Gilbride is not a day wiser.
I see a big flat goose egg being laid by the Bills.

Jets O-Line is terrible period!

Turf
10-10-2003, 02:20 PM
I hope you're right Spaz.