PDA

View Full Version : Could be a close game

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 02:29 PM
If moulds is not playing, and henry does not have a good day this could be a rather close game. I mean vinny is not a horrible qb, an he has the speedy moss at WR, he could put up some decent numbers. If the bills don't start looking good soon, this actually could be a close game, whereas earlier I thought this would be a huge blow out.

Frez
10-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Even with Moulds in the line-up this very well could be a close game. The Bills offense hasn't been very offensive. This is a big test for Buffalo.

G. Host
10-10-2003, 02:50 PM
CBs need to be physical this game not like they were against Bungle's WR's.

Chuck them on the Zone!

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 02:53 PM
Your right, the bills will need those things, the question is are they going to get them?.....

Frez
10-10-2003, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by G. Host
CBs need to be physical this game not like they were against Bungle's WR's.

Chuck them on the Zone!

I would like to see more emotion from Drew Bledsoe this game. I think he needs to voice his leadership a little louder on the field. Just remember the Jets are coming off a bye week and have studied film on Buffalo for the 2 weeks. I wish it wasn't us playing the Jets this week. I hate to say this and I hardly ever pick agianst MY team. I like the Jets this week in a close game. Will see, I hope I'm wrong.

GO JAGS ......:bf1:

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 03:03 PM
How can you pick against your team? I never do that, not even in the pool's at work. I pick the dolphins every time regaurdless of who they are playing, it makes watching the game fun.

I dont think the bills are going to lose this game, if htey do they have some serious issues to look at. But it should be a close game since the bills are not playing great football right now.

Zona2
10-10-2003, 03:19 PM
I am with you Williams. NEVER pick against your team. ever for any reason. cant happen. wont happen. I expect the Bills to win every game, every week, every season. I KNOW they wont, but I expect them to...

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 03:19 PM
I know exactly what you are saying. Live and die with your team! lol

stuckincincy
10-10-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
If moulds is not playing, and henry does not have a good day this could be a rather close game. I mean vinny is not a horrible qb, an he has the speedy moss at WR, he could put up some decent numbers. If the bills don't start looking good soon, this actually could be a close game, whereas earlier I thought this would be a huge blow out.

U are right on, W34P. The line dropped from Bflo -3 to now going Bflo - 2 1/2.

Despite 0-4, the Jets have put up a fair amount of passin' yards. With that 1/2 kick on the spread, that says to me this is a coin-flip-are-ya-feelin'-lucky? type of game... :idunno:

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 05:33 PM
Dispite that, I'd still give the Bills the edge.

TigerJ
10-10-2003, 09:23 PM
If things don't click for Buffalo, I think they lose. It'll be close but they'll lose. If things click for Buffalo they will have a double digit win. I don't see them having a close win. I think that Travis Henry is going to be OK. Healthwise he'll be much better than last week. He finally started hitting holes last Sunday the way he did last year. I don't see any reason that won't continue. I understand the Jets are married to their defensive scheme. Ted Cottrell won't change it for anything. He plays a base cover two zone with little blitzing. Considering the Jets are terrible at run defence, that should leave room for TH to run.

If by some chance the Jets and Ted Cottrell did use the bye week to change up on what he's always done, then it will absolutely be up to the Bills WR corps to make plays. Josh Reed has to recover his hands of glue. He and Shaw would theoretically have most of the balls coming their way. In addition I think Clarence Coleman will probably be the biggest beneficiary in terms of playing time. He'll need to do what he did in preseason, but he won't be playing against scrubs Sunday.

It helps that Donnie Abraham is out for the season. That means the Jets can't be real deep at CB. The third CB in the Jets defence can't be that good. Noone has really tested the Jets secondary yet because it's been so easy to run on them. We might find out Sunday. Enough of my rambling though.

RUDEbyallMEANS
10-12-2003, 01:41 AM
This game will be close..
I was probably the only one in this forum that predicted the Bills and Bengals game would be a 1 td game..

Without Moulds, the Bills WR's are average at best..

Bledsoe does not look the same ever since the Miami game and there's no clue as to if he'll turn it around and I'm planning that he won't..

Jets 20 Bills 17