PDA

View Full Version : Next season

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 02:43 PM
What do you do about willis and henry? Is henry out after next season? Or do you think the Bills are going to try to keep them both?

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2003, 02:59 PM
Neither will be content to be the backup. One of them got to go.

I'd say if Willis looks to be healthy, and they'll find out around week 10, Henry is good for a 1st round pick somewhere. I'm sure Philly would love to have him.

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 03:02 PM
That's if Duce, or even westbrook for that matter isn't doing the job. Right now Westbrook is doing a great job, if they made him the featured back, I'm sure he'd put up respectable numbers. But maybe a team like the Cardinals would look for some help at RB, I am not sold on Jones, and maybe even Tampa, or heck the jets, but I don't see the bills dealing in the division.

justasportsfan
10-10-2003, 03:05 PM
I wonder if TD would trade w/in the division.....Pats

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 03:07 PM
It would be a mistake, but the pats made that mistake, so I dont think anyone will make it again, but you never know!

clumping platelets
10-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Henry and our #1 to a team for higher #1

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Not a bad offer.

justasportsfan
10-10-2003, 03:11 PM
then again , let's get ahead of ourselves. We don't even know what future WM holds.

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 03:13 PM
I am not sold on Willis, a very tough injury to come back from, man that was brutal.

XNOUGHT
10-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
It would be a mistake, but the pats made that mistake, so I dont think anyone will make it again, but you never know!

What mistake.

You guys are better because of Bledsoe, but much more inconsistant.

I think there have been conversations about this already........

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Henry and our #1 to a team for higher #1
No way. If Price could get us a #1 striaght up, so can Henry if not more. Marquee RBs are much harder to come by than WRs.

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT

What mistake.

You guys are better because of Bledsoe, but much more inconsistant.

I think there have been conversations about this already........

First off I am not a bills fan. But the bills got the much better end of the deal. They got a pro bowl qb! Who can throw deep passes. That pats won the superbowl, but now it's all down hill. Brady looks awful, and his little girl arm is hurting him, and he can throw 15 yards on a good day. All hail the slant and swing pass all star. If a team stops the slants and swings you have nothing.

People have cuaght onto stopping brady, and it's working.

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

No way. If Price could get us a #1 striaght up, so can Henry if not more. Marquee RBs are much harder to come by than WRs.

I'm not so sure he is worth that much. This year he hasn't shown much, and has shown less then last year, granted it's early. Plus you need to find a team that really wants him. I mean the Falcons really wanted Price, with mr cannon at qb, they wanted a speedy WR to throw to. I dont think the demand for henry will be as high.

clumping platelets
10-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

If the result was a #1 that could yield FS Sean Taylor from Miami, (Fla)........:cp:

Mr. Miyagi
10-10-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins

I'm not so sure he is worth that much. This year he hasn't shown much, and has shown less then last year, granted it's early. Plus you need to find a team that really wants him. I mean the Falcons really wanted Price, with mr cannon at qb, they wanted a speedy WR to throw to. I dont think the demand for henry will be as high.
You're right, it's early yet. Henry will get about 800-900 yards this season, and it'll be because he's losing carries with WM towards the end of the season.

See how Carolina really wanted Davis last season? There will be a team who really needs a younger hard nose RB who can also catch the ball like Henry. Just to name a few: Philly, Houston, Tennessee (George is getting old and too banged up), Washington, Tampa (if Pittman ends up in jail), or Arizona.

I can see Houston and Arizona really want him, and their #1 picks will be high too. :D

G. Host
10-10-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I wonder if TD would trade w/in the division.....Pats

Pats do not need him. I think Mike Cloud will do well and is very motivated now.

Michael82
10-10-2003, 04:20 PM
I feel that we will holsd onto both THRU Training camp and the pre-season. We will use them both and see how they do. If one of them starts to tear it up, we will trade him, or else we will just do what Denver is doing with Mike Anderson. One will be on the bench and the 3rd down change of pace back, the other will be starting.

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 04:25 PM
IT will be interesting to see how all this works out to say the least.

shadowfax
10-10-2003, 05:10 PM
look at other teams with two stud RBs. Will KC let their first round pick larry johnson go because holmes has another probowl year? Look historically at the broncos, the rams...etc.

it's important to have two stud RBs. they get injured. Look how our offense went to *****t when travis went down. he comes back, we win with his two TDs.

besides the risk of injury and the need to still have a RB who teams have to gameplan for, it's also good to have two RBs with different styles and use them both.

The team will Be VERY good with a healthy travis/willis combo.

Keep them both.

Marino13Phins
10-10-2003, 05:32 PM
I still don't think they will keep both, and I dont think KC will keep both either. They drafted him as insurance on Homles, but if Holmes has another pro bowl season, they will probably trade him.