X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob the football fan
    • Aug 2003

Art modell -- Hall of Fame Canidate???

WHERE WOULD YOU RATER BE THAN RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

I was looking at the prelimnary nominations for the2004 hall of Fame,and guess who is on it??? None other than the man who stole the dawg pound from the shores of Lake Erie Arthur Modell. I have no idea why this person is even being considered. This man took his franchise, and ripped the heart out of Cleveland's Civic soul, when he move his team to Baltimore. I really hope that his nomination does not go any further. For Mr. Modell to be elected to the Hall of Fame would be tantimount to legitimizing the relocation of a football team, by an owner.

Allright then Let's Discuss.....

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    NEVER FORGET SEPTEMBER,11TH,2001
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Not to mention, Canton, Ohio is somewhat by Cleveland. Could you imagine all the fans that would go there just to Boo him?

Comment

• Lori
      3 Bs: the Bills, the Bonnies, and Bacchus (hic)
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mike32282
      Not to mention, Canton, Ohio is somewhat by Cleveland. Could you imagine all the fans that would go there just to Boo him?
      Modell was a finalist a coupe of years ago. Seems like I remember reading an op-ed piece in one of the Cleveland papers back then, that suggested if he were actually elected, a torch-bearing mob of Browns fans would march to Canton and burn it to the ground.....

(And if by some unimaginable happenstance Modell gets in instead of Ralph, I'd be more than happy to join them...)

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lori
        Modell was a finalist a coupe of years ago. Seems like I remember reading an op-ed piece in one of the Cleveland papers back then, that suggested if he were actually elected, a torch-bearing mob of Browns fans would march to Canton and burn it to the ground.....

(And if by some unimaginable happenstance Modell gets in instead of Ralph, I'd be more than happy to join them...)
        Oh, so would I! If that :angry: gets elected into the Hall before Ralph, I will go NUTS!!! I could just picture the Browns' fans burning Canton to the ground. It would be INSANE, that is why I don't see him going in anytime soon.

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

In the long run, Cleveland should be glad Modell left.

If they stayed, they would not have won the super bowl-

Moved to NFL Forum....

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
            In the long run, Cleveland should be glad Modell left.

If they stayed, they would not have won the super bowl-
            Cleveland has yet to win the Super Bowl.....and I think they weren't exactly thrilled that Baltimore won it either.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

If Modell makes the Hall before Ralph, they ought to tear the place down.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
              X