PDA

View Full Version : Moss insists he did nothing wrong

Cntrygal
09-26-2002, 07:51 PM
Randy Moss apologized to his team, family and friends Thursday but insisted he wasn't looking for trouble when he was arrested on charges of pushing a traffic officer with his car.

The Minnesota Vikings' star receiver spent a night in jail and was charged with two misdemeanors but no felonies. Moss will start Sunday's game against Seattle, and his agent said the team will fine him, although the amount hasn't yet been determined.

"I'm sorry for what I've caused and what I brought on everyone who really cares about me or this team," Moss said during a news conference. "I am human. I am a man. I do take care of my responsibilities, and I stand up for my actions."

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/articles/20020926/429639.html

Cntrygal
09-26-2002, 07:52 PM
:rolleyes:

The_Philster
09-26-2002, 08:03 PM
I saw a clip from his press conference......could he be a bigger idiot?

Cntrygal
09-26-2002, 08:08 PM
do you think they would let us off that easy if we told the judge we "were confused"?

Cntrygal
09-26-2002, 10:02 PM
UPDATE:

Will Randy Moss Ever Learn?
Minnesota’s talented receiver, perhaps the NFL’s best, continues to shoot himself in the foot with his bad behavior. Maybe all those teams who passed up on him were right after all

For four years now, NFL general managers and personnel directors have been beating themselves up over the 1998 draft. After all, 19 of them had a chance to claim Randy Moss before the Minnesota Vikings took a deep breath, gulped and drafted the gifted receiver with a youthful history of recidivism.

AND FOR FOUR years it looked like a brilliant gamble. At 6-foot-4, with great speed and soft hands, Moss is regarded as the prototype of the great 21st-century receiver, the first ever to top 1,000 yards receiving in each of his first four NFL seasons.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/813411.asp

mybills
09-27-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
Randy Moss apologized to his team, family and friends Thursday but insisted he wasn't looking for trouble when he was arrested on charges of pushing a traffic officer with his car.

The Minnesota Vikings' star receiver spent a night in jail and was charged with two misdemeanors but no felonies.

I saw the espn interview this a.m. where he was crying. I could have sworn he said he was "charged with a felony, and he couldn't understand why".

He said she was directing traffic, and by the time he could change lanes like he thought she wanted him to, it was too late. The next thing he knew, a cop came around the corner and it just looked bad.

Then he said that different people drive his cars, and he was trying to figure out who would have left the contraband in (one of) his cars.

I don't know, but he seemed sincere to me. :scratch:

Ebenezer
09-27-2002, 08:59 AM
Moss is an ASS...simply said.

ArcticWildMan
09-27-2002, 11:42 AM
Now that his "mentor" Chris Carter is gone, he's going to self destruct slowly.

clumping platelets
09-27-2002, 11:59 AM
He would be incorrect!!

SABURZFAN
09-28-2002, 08:04 AM
that's what they all say.

chump.....