• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Stewart in danger of being benched

Steelers coach says he won’t have much patience with QB

When he’s not searching downfield for open receivers Sunday against Cleveland, Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Kordell Stewart just might be looking over his shoulder.

After a year of watching the good Kordell — the playmaking, mistake-avoiding athlete who can disrupt a defense by running or throwing — the Steelers are seeing the bad Kordell again.

That’s why coach Bill Cowher is suggesting he’ll have little patience with Stewart or any other starter if Sunday’s game is a replay of the Steelers’ turnover- and mistake-filled losses to New England and Oakland.

MSNBC breaking news and the latest news for today. Get daily news from local news reporters and world news updates with live audio & video from our team.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • MissBuffalo
    Quiddity
    • Jul 2002

I would've benched him after the first half of the first game. He should have stayed a WR because he really is not a good QB.
    See me here pushing you
    If I then deny I do
    Contemplate or wish away
    If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• Buffalofan
      • Jul 2002

The whole Steeler team is in trouble .. not just Kordell. I think Bill Cowher needs to take step back and look at himself as well. But they will get it on track with a win against the Browns today.

Comment

• 4thAndLong
        I'm Really 4 and Short
        • Sep 2002

Teams have them figured out, they have 2 overrated corners and Belichek exposed them, then the Raiders did the same. Teams know how to beat them. And Kordell still sucks...What else is new?

Comment

Working...
        X