• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Notes and quotes while practically all the sports seasons collide

Notes and quotes while practically all the sports seasons collide:
    • Bob Koshinski, general manager of the Empire Sports Network and WNSA-FM, admits he was a bit surprised that Buffalo Sabres General Manager Darcy Regier and coach Lindy Ruff signed radio deals with rival station WGR-AM.

Larry Quinn, Sabres managing partner, has said the team needs exposure in more media outlets and added that those deals don't prevent Regier or Ruff from appearing on WNSA, which simulcasts the games with Empire.

"I was shocked, well, surprised anyway," said Koshinski. "I understand the reasoning for it. But it is very uncommon in the business for the coach and general manager to be on a competing station with the rights-holder. I was surprised Regier agreed to do it considering the past history between the station and him. I think that station was very critical of him in the past. Over time, we've seen that WGR has decided to do business the way we do business."

more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Myers57
    Registered User and McLovin stunt double
    • Sep 2003

I have never listened to WGR radio, one because it is AM, and two, I can't get it in here in the farm areas of wyoming county...

Comment

• fushetti
      President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
      • Feb 2003

I like WGR. I really miss it living in Albany.
      "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
      Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• Fat Tony
        • Sep 2002

Shocked? Why is this guy shocked?

They fired everyone who would ask the questions....

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

AM Radio is awesome.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Myers57
            Registered User and McLovin stunt double
            • Sep 2003

I work for an AM radio station, but it is the only one here in Wyoming County. It is 1140 AM WCJW and I am Darryl Granger the Night and Weekend DJ.

Comment

• fushetti
              President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
              • Feb 2003

This just in: Afinogenov61 is none other than Darryl Granger.

I think you've said that in jsut about every post dude. we know who you are. Just messing with ya. I love WGR. WNSA is solid too, but theyre hanging on by a thread. For as many people leaving that station, they still pull it together well. I'm 24 and I listened to WGR since I was about 7 or 8. Being out here in Albany where Clear Channel owns 10 stations, you really appreciate locally run radio stations. I know GR is owned by entercom, but they actually have local people and local studios. I can go on and on about radio and talk radio ....i'll shutup now.
              "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
              Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Farm areas, lol.

Most be very exciting out there huh.
                “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

Working...
                X