PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Knows Winless = Dangerous

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 06:43 AM
Takeo Spikes knows losing, having spent his entire career mired in misery with the Bengals before escaping to Buffalo this season.
He knows what being 0-4 feels like, therefore he knows what the Jets are feeling like, therefore he knows what the Bills might be up against today at Giants Stadium.

"These are the most dangerous teams you have to worry about," Spikes said. "[The mindset] is pretty much pulling out all stops; you are not holding anything back. I know [the Jets] are not going to sell out. They will be in there every play." ...
more (http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/3693.htm) http://www.nypost.com/photos/web10120389b.jpg

Marino13Phins
10-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Everyone says that one way or another. They will say something like that, or "this is a team we can't over look because they can hurt us"

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Everyone says that one way or another. They will say something like that, or "this is a team we can't over look because they can hurt us"

That's the key. I think too many people were upset because we almost lost to Cincy because they are a team with a poor record. The thing is, the record isn't always indicative of the play. Cincy's a good team that, once it gets a few breaks, will look like a much more solid team. The Jets haven't been getting totally demolished and the Bills have yet to get back on track. This will hardly be a cakewalk

Marino13Phins
10-12-2003, 07:04 AM
Plus the Jets have had an extra week to prepare for this and get healthy. Should be interesting to see how this game plays out. But buffalo better win, because I took them in my office pool.

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Plus the Jets have had an extra week to prepare for this and get healthy. Should be interesting to see how this game plays out. But buffalo better win, because I took them in my office pool.

A Fish Fan taking the Bills? :eek: That just scares me :ontome:

Seriously, you're right. Philly had that extra week to prepare and they blindsided us. The Bills were not ready for them at all. They came out flat like it was a preseason game.

Marino13Phins
10-12-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

A Fish Fan taking the Bills? :eek: That just scares me :ontome:

Seriously, you're right. Philly had that extra week to prepare and they blindsided us. The Bills were not ready for them at all. They came out flat like it was a preseason game.

LOL, when there is money involved sometimes you have to do things you don't like doing heh.

Good point about the Philly game, hopefully some emphasis was made in practice about just that.