PDA

View Full Version : Kelly Marino Showdown

07-22-2002, 12:31 AM
I'll be sending the pix and maybe someone can set up a link or something.
If they ever have another one GO.
You got a lot for your money. The crowd was 15752. Not bad.

Marino did NOT sign in tents like the other stars and was seen signing for a few of the VIPs and Player's kids. After all he does get like $100 for an autograph.

Best dancer- Thurman Thomas. even break dancing

Best player - Kenny Davis

First injury- Don BEEBE twicked on like the second play of the day.

Best water boy Ruben Brown that's all I saw him do but why take a chance this close to the season.

Most fun for me when Marlon Kerner jumped two barriers and a wall to say hi, hug and kiss.

Sweetest player Kent HULL who after I got a note passed to him sent a security guard over to get ALASKA DARIN'S jersey signed. Yes dear, I'll bring it to Canton.

Awesome fireworks display.

Biggest complaint -The traffic and lines OH MY GOODNESS
I did not stand in any autograph lines but did get some fair pix.
My digital is still very new to me. First thing Tasker said to me was " Hi Cindy NEW CAMERA"

:feedback:

WG
07-22-2002, 12:38 AM
So it was cool then. I heard a few say they were disappointed. Largely due to the autograph situation.

#1 Bills Fan
07-22-2002, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the great report #89. Sorry I missed it.

I'm sure there will lots of pics posted.

07-22-2002, 06:18 AM
If you only went for autosgraphs it would have been hard because the lines were so long. I think the line for Kelly's was at least 300 or more and he signed for an hour or more. There were a lot of disappointed people on that count but I went to see the players, friends, game etc not waste my time in autograph lines.

The_Philster
07-22-2002, 06:54 AM
I was the same way, #89. I got Marv's and Kelso's autograph but spent my time roaming around talking to people like Steve Tasker and Pete Metzelaars. I really couldn't care much about getting autographs because people cheapen it, like Marino or like fans who whine about it. Thurman's dancing was worth the price of admission and, if I get a chance, I'm gonna bring it up with him in two weeks in Canton. :D

Billsbabee
07-22-2002, 09:05 AM
Thanks for the reports #89 and The Philster. Sounds like a fun time. Sorry I had to miss it. Can't wait to see the pics though.

venis2k1
07-22-2002, 09:09 AM
i wish i was able to make it, sounds like a blast, sucks that marino had to be such a jerk. but after all he was there for charity, who wants his autograph anyway?

by the way, its nice to be here, i think i am going to enjoy being on this board

askabry
07-22-2002, 09:16 AM
Best part for me:

Pleasant welcome to Scott Norwood.

LtBillsFan66
07-22-2002, 09:17 AM
Sounds cool. I'm glad you folks enjoyed it.

Luvbills
07-22-2002, 10:29 AM
Hey cindy....I met some people that know you. I did not get their names as we were at the Hunter's Hope tent and they were asking about volunteering. I asked them where they lived and they said Olean. So I mentioned your shop and how you sold HH bears and they knew exactly who you were..small world.

My two cents on yesterday...I thought the autograph area was very poorly managed and set up. Too many kids went away upset IMO. I spoke to one man who was not even going to stay for the game even though he had tickets.

The game was great...loved watching Thurman dance and Marino did NOT sign autographs because he can make more $$$$ at private signings(got this from a very very reliable source). Many of the players were going to donate their appearance fees back to all three charities. Oh and the concession stands were AWFUL!!!!! Lines were way too long and very under stocked.

Billsbabee
07-22-2002, 10:36 AM
:wave:
Glad to see I finally got you the right link and you made it over here.

Thanks for more info on yesterday.

07-22-2002, 11:49 AM
I brought water and grapes so I didn't try to do the consession stand. I did hear that they ran out of food around 4:30 and the consessions in the stadium took at least 40 mins to get served. I can see why they would run out the guy who sat in my row himself ate 3 hotdogs, 2 cokes, nachos and peanuts. Must have cost him $20.

Some of the players would have stayed longer for autographs but it was very hot and a good thing there was a breeze. I think they did a really nice job for the first time but Kelly use to do Stargaze celebrity softball so they have had practice. I think the layout could have been better. It probably looked great on the floorplan then you add 8000 people wanting autographs and there's no room to move. The crowd could have been thinned if they just opened up the stadium sooner. Many of the older, handicapped and just plain tired adults wanted a place to sit down.

lordofgun
07-22-2002, 11:52 AM
Welcome to the boards, luvbills!

Cntrygal
07-22-2002, 12:00 PM
WELCOME venis2k1 and Luvbills!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

northernbillfan
07-22-2002, 12:09 PM
Do they still restack the beer cups at Ralph?

When I saw my first game in 87, I saw an expose on TV about the mould in the cups at Rich. They would just sweep up the cups from the stands and then restack and use them over and over again. Made me :madshake:

e-mo4life
07-23-2002, 11:32 AM
i did not go, but i heard a lot of complaints yesterday from people that went....that they ran out of a lot of stuff and also that there were too many "VIP"s on the sideline....my brother got his hands on one quite easily, so it was pretty crowded down there from what i hear...i believe that about marino too...what a jerk! but then what do you expect from a fin?!?!

Michael82
07-24-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by e-mo4life
i did not go, but i heard a lot of complaints yesterday from people that went....that they ran out of a lot of stuff and also that there were too many "VIP"s on the sideline....my brother got his hands on one quite easily, so it was pretty crowded down there from what i hear...i believe that about marino too...what a jerk! but then what do you expect from a fin?!?!

Actually, it wasn't all fins! Mark Clayton signed for a couple hours and had huge lines too!

The_Philster
07-24-2002, 05:08 AM
I'll be getting my pics posted this weekend...probably in my Helmet Crew group and they will be available for viewing by all. No time to do it over the week with classes and getting this new computer up and running.

The_Philster
07-27-2002, 06:15 PM
I've got some pics posted in both of my groups now. There are a couple shots of LeAnne, Breanne, and Nikki of the Bombshells in the Bombshells album in my Jills/Bombshells/Bandettes group. The other pics I posted are in the Helmet Crew group in the Kelly-Marino album. Enjoy!

The_Philster
05-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Was looking for a pic of Andre for the thread I just posted and found a bunch more pics from this day
http://www.flagmag.com/Leagues/NYKellyMarino02FmGirls1.html
here's just a few
http://www.flagmag.com/Photos/KVMKellyFMgirls.jpg
http://www.flagmag.com/Photos/KVMReedFlagmaggirls2.jpg

wchutalkinboutwillis
05-08-2005, 08:33 PM
[QUOTE=The_Philster]Was looking for a pic of Andre for the thread I just posted and found a bunch more pics from this day
http://www.flagmag.com/Leagues/NYKellyMarino02FmGirls1.html
here's just a few

Clearly, the right hands of both Jimbo and Andre are inching toward an appetizer. Delicious.

http://www.flagmag.com/Photos/KVMKellyFMgirls.jpg
http://www.flagmag.com/Photos/KVMReedFlagmaggirls2.jpg

Pats Cheated
05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Just like old times. Reed gets sloppy seconds.

BidsJr
05-08-2005, 09:43 PM
Best part for me:

Pleasant welcome to Scott Norwood.

Your sig is effed up. I really respect your posts but your political IQ is reaching the negative digits. I live in Canada and am God proud to be an American. I pray every day that this day will be the last that I am away from this proud blessed country. :down:

Spiderweb
05-09-2005, 02:51 AM
Your sig is effed up. I really respect your posts but your political IQ is reaching the negative digits. I live in Canada and am God proud to be an American. I pray every day that this day will be the last that I am away from this proud blessed country. :down:

It's called "freedom of Speech". As for his stated views, there are those who might even have far more negative things to say about President Bush and his administration. It has nothing to do with being an American, proud, or indifferent. Bush is the only President in recent memory that actually lost the popular vote (1st term), and 48% of Americans voted for Kerry, sad is that is, as an alternative to Bush. This means there a alot of people here that would agree, at least in part, with his comments.

Tax cuts where 60% of it goes to the top 2-3% of Americans, that further adds to a ridiculously high deficits, cuts in funding to the States (which will be borne by all of us thru increased State and local taxation to replace lost revenues or through cuts in services, including Firefighting and Police) and I'd have to say the few hundred bucks I saved on my personal federal taxes thru his cut simply weren't worth it. I'll be paying more on a State or local level. The only winners on this front are the rich. Everyday Americans and the United States itself lost. Yet, the Pied Piper played, and many followed.

Compound this with the very expensive war being waged, and it's easy to see why many folks are not happy with President Bush or his policies. Those who question this widsom, or lack thereof, love this country too. That's, in part, why they speak up against all this.

Personally I don't disgree with everything President Bush has done or said, but more often than not, I find myself taking a different or opposing view.

How about doing something about the exportation of jobs from this country, or putting an end to the illegal immigration into the USA? How about deficit elimination, or reducing the size of the Federal Government, or to finally run the departments within in a reasonably efficient manner? What about our health care system, one that was built upon medical insurance provided by employers, who more and more every day ultilize part time employees and temporary employees to avoid providing benefits, which only raises the expenses to those that do provide benefits? Yet the health care system is fine? It can fixed with "health care savings accounts"? Tell that to the over 40 plus million Americans who have no health insurance and who are living day to day or even to those who have medical insurance but have watched their out of pocket expenses jump and benefits cut.

I'm sorry, but there are far greater issues before us than whether we need to worry about same sex marriages, which I oppose, but that's not as high on my list of concerns as would be jobs, medical care, social security, Federal Senate and Congressional salaries and benefits (which far exceed those we're expected to be happy with), our national defense, etc.

As for that attack on someone's IQ because they have a different view or have exercised their right to free speech and political dissent.....

ExWNYer
05-09-2005, 06:15 AM
I'll be sending the pix and maybe someone can set up a link or something.
If they ever have another one GO.
You got a lot for your money. The crowd was 15752. Not bad.

Marino did NOT sign in tents like the other stars and was seen signing for a few of the VIPs and Player's kids. After all he does get like $100 for an autograph.

Best dancer- Thurman Thomas. even break dancing

Best player - Kenny Davis

First injury- Don BEEBE twicked on like the second play of the day.

Best water boy Ruben Brown that's all I saw him do but why take a chance this close to the season.

Most fun for me when Marlon Kerner jumped two barriers and a wall to say hi, hug and kiss.

Sweetest player Kent HULL who after I got a note passed to him sent a security guard over to get ALASKA DARIN'S jersey signed. Yes dear, I'll bring it to Canton.

Awesome fireworks display.

Biggest complaint -The traffic and lines OH MY GOODNESS
I did not stand in any autograph lines but did get some fair pix.
My digital is still very new to me. First thing Tasker said to me was " Hi Cindy NEW CAMERA"

:feedback:

Thanks for the report, Cindy. Nice to see any post of yours. :clap: