PDA

View Full Version : A lot of people say it's stupid to fire a coach in midseason.

lordofgun
10-12-2003, 04:54 PM
But can it really get any worse? What do we have to lose????

Fire him now. I'm sick of watching this crap week after week.

Novacane
10-12-2003, 04:56 PM
I don't think it's stupid anymore. It can't get any worse is right.

The_Philster
A few of us were saying that two weeks ago but we were called fairweather fans...let's see how many people can see the light this time. :shakeno:

ArcticWildMan
I agree. Time to bring in somebody else.

Bring back Wade Phillips. He seems like Jimmy Johnson compared to the stooge we have now!

Nighthawk
10-12-2003, 04:57 PM
Williams is an F'n idiot!!! Fire him now! This team looks no better than it did last year...if fact, it looks worse!

lordofgun
10-12-2003, 05:17 PM
27-3

It can't get any worse.

Turf
10-12-2003, 05:21 PM
I can't agree more. Why we have stuck with a losing rookie head coach for 3 years is beyond me.

samhain1961
10-12-2003, 05:29 PM
Ralph must be having a coronary!

He pulled out all the stops financially & even let TD bring in an "assistant head coach" for Williams in LeBeau & after two great, misleading games, we've been heading straight down the *****ter ever since. It's disgusting.

What the hell does he do?

Try to salvage something of the season by bringing in a new man or play out the season the way they have been for the past month & be miserably embarrassed?

I say bring in a new head coach. NOW! Don't even wait for the by week. It's obvious that this team is just not playing for Williams. They've got all the talent in the world, but they're playing like bumbling idiots. It's GOT to be the coach's fault.
Nothing else makes sense.

Turf
10-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Of course it's the coach, I agree. Look at what Parcells is doing in Dallas.

SABURZFAN
10-12-2003, 05:39 PM
these players don't want to play for these coaches.

JayWood
10-12-2003, 05:42 PM
travis you took the words righ out of my mouth...look at what Bill P is doing in Big D, he has average players and a 4-1 team. Somone better be fired tommorow. This is pathetic and embarassing

Historian
10-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Call up Marv and ask him as a favor to finish out this season for Gregg!

Ralph has done that before with Coaches he considers his friends.

Cntrygal
10-12-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
27-3

It can't get any worse.

you spoke too soon.

Dman
10-12-2003, 05:56 PM
Williams, Gilbride, Gray,Smith and the O-Line coach should not be with this team past today...clean house now..TD!!!

Drewpac
10-12-2003, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Billsology
Call up Marv and ask him as a favor to finish out this season for Gregg!

Ralph has done that before with Coaches he considers his friends.

This is the best post I have seen today. Marv still has an interest in coaching and Donohoe could bring him on with the understanding that he would finish out the season as the head coach and then we could bring in a coach at the beginning of next year after a proper search had been conducted. If Marv takes them to the playoffs or further then we will extend him for another year. Marv is old but look at what Jack McKeon has accomplished as the manager of the Marlins this season. I think Marv could provide the same type of spark. We really have nothing to lose at this point. Does anyone agree with me?

helmetguy
10-12-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
A few of us were saying that two weeks ago but we were called fairweather fans...let's see how many people can see the light this time. :shakeno:

*AHEM* I'm with you, Phil. How many times have I called for GW's head? And for how long?

snow1989
10-12-2003, 06:37 PM
I agree...anything is better than watching the same pathetic effort week after week

The Spaz
10-12-2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy

*AHEM* I'm with you, Phil. How many times have I called for GW's head? And for how long?

I didn't want Gregg fired before but I do now we lost to the mother ****** JETS!!!!!!!!!:whip:

helmetguy
10-12-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I didn't want Gregg fired before but I do now we lost to the mother ****** JETS!!!!!!!!!:whip:

Thanks, SPAZ! Can I consider you a convert now?

The Spaz
10-12-2003, 06:46 PM

Thanks, SPAZ! Can I consider you a convert now?

Your god damn right you can! :rocket: GW :rocket: KG

shelby
10-12-2003, 06:50 PM
:puke:

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 06:58 PM

I've lost count...but it's been a couple of years.

BuffaloRanger
10-12-2003, 07:02 PM
The marv idea sounds great to me.

DraftBoy
10-12-2003, 07:15 PM
Im not agreeing he should be fired, and Im not saying he shouldnt. Something has to be done, and to this point the team in the recent weeks has shown no signs of even caring about playing this game, so what the hell do we have to lose? Why not let GW take the rest of the season, nab a high pick and then cut him loose then? I mean there is no guarantee they could play any better or any worse.

ArcticWildMan
10-12-2003, 07:17 PM
Why risk the chance at hurting players with poor play calling? Why risk the damage to the players pysche?

We'd be better off getting rid of him and trying to install some pride back in the team.

helmetguy
10-12-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Im not agreeing he should be fired, and Im not saying he shouldnt. Something has to be done, and to this point the team in the recent weeks has shown no signs of even caring about playing this game, so what the hell do we have to lose? Why not let GW take the rest of the season, nab a high pick and then cut him loose then? I mean there is no guarantee they could play any better or any worse.

If Mr. Wilson canned GW now, it would be at least a symbolic gesture to the ticket buying fans that he is committed to righting the ship. To put it off much longer will cost him a bundle in ticket/parking/concession revenues. If it'll hit him in the bank account, you can bet he'll act sooner, rather than later!

DraftBoy
10-12-2003, 07:26 PM
I just dont see the point in paying out the rest of Gregg's salary and then having to hire a brand new coach(s) and having to pay all their salaries, wanna talk about hitting the bank account you start there. A symbolic gesture to the fans, that says "Hey I f'ed up 3 years ago with this wack job so let me just say I put my full confidence in this douche for the rest of the season"

Then if I may ask what happens if Douche doesnt preform to our standards, do we call for his head after 6 weeks?

SoCalBillsFan
10-12-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
I just dont see the point in paying out the rest of Gregg's salary and then having to hire a brand new coach(s) and having to pay all their salaries,

the point is that we dont play like crap anymore! Besides, coaches salaries dont count against the cap or anything, i'm sure ralph can afford it....

let's get some people in here who can win!

DraftBoy
10-12-2003, 07:42 PM
There is no guarantee that with a new coach comes winning, especially if they wanna overhaul the whole damn system.

eddiehaskill
10-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Was Puccillo playing for the Jets today? just wondering. Fire everyone. I agree it is not possible to get any worse. It cant be. We've had 2 offensive touchdowns in the last 4 games (not including the idiotic option for Henry to run it in in OT last week). That is horrendous!

Historian
10-12-2003, 07:47 PM

Not as many as ME helmet!!!:punk:

helmetguy
10-12-2003, 07:50 PM

I'll dispute that, thank you!

XNOUGHT
10-12-2003, 07:51 PM
I am a Gregg Williams fan :stupid:

Seriously, there are alot of guys out there that are better then Gregg.

You can only go up from here.....I think.

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 07:55 PM

I'll dispute that, thank you!
:movie:

helmetguy
10-12-2003, 08:00 PM
:movie:

Stop stuffing your face/feeding your tapeworm and back me up here!

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 08:01 PM
Stop stuffing your face/feeding your tapeworm and back me up here!

:tongue: Get me some butter ...this :popcorn: is too dry

helmetguy
10-12-2003, 08:03 PM
:tongue: Get me some butter ...this :popcorn: is too dry

See if I ever rescue YOU from the ****ter ever again!

Michael82
10-12-2003, 08:16 PM
See if I ever rescue YOU from the ****ter ever again!

Uhhh, you don't remember Canisius86 from the old site...but he was one of the ones calling the GW hiring an idiotic move on DAY 1! You guys are probably tied! :snicker:

rsmithgi
10-12-2003, 08:28 PM
27-3

It can't get any worse.

30 - 3 is worse

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
Uhhh, you don't remember Canisius86 from the old site...but he was one of the ones calling the GW hiring an idiotic move on DAY 1! You guys are probably tied! :snicker:

helmetguy was never on the old site...but that's the reason I never responded right there. I figured it was a tie :snicker2:

helmetguy
10-12-2003, 08:51 PM
helmetguy was never on the old site...but that's the reason I never responded right there. I figured it was a tie :snicker2:

You're gonna stick with that excuse? Or, are you just buying time to come up with a better one?

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 08:54 PM
You're gonna stick with that excuse? Or, are you just buying time to come up with a better one?

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :D
Besides, you know me...I'm honest to a fault....and the way Mikey always talked, Billsology has hated Gregg since Day 1..same as you. ;)

helmetguy
10-12-2003, 08:57 PM
That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it :D
Besides, you know me...I'm honest to a fault....and the way Mikey always talked, Billsology has hated Gregg since Day 1..same as you. ;)

I'll buy that. Whaddya think 'ology?

mush69
10-12-2003, 09:07 PM
Well I've read every post in this thread, but thanks to many beers, I didn't comprehend anything except Fire the Staff....Who's gonna hold it together! Who's gonna hold it together.....Fire the Staff....

:smoke: :drinker:

TigerJ
10-12-2003, 09:22 PM
I am officially on the fire Gregg Williams bandwagon. I will however try to point out the pitfalls of making a midseason coaching change. First, few coaches are available midseason. Anyone who came in would be an interim guy (Marv Levy?). I don't think that Marv Levy can do anything with the rest of the season. Frankly, I don't know that I would enjoy watching the Bills lose under an interim coach any more than I would under Williams. Second, the new coach would be stuck with an offensive and defensive system with which he is not comfortable. That could make the Bills even harder to watch. Third, a new head coach would be unable to build a staff untill the off-season. That means he would have to work with a staff that knows it's a lame duck staff, if any assistant coaches would even be willing to stick around in a lame duck capacity.

I understand the feelings behind the "fire Williams now" movement. I just think it could make things even uglier. At the end of the season, however, unless we see a miracle turnaround and the Bills not only make the playoffs but do some damage in the playoffs, I don't think Williams should be in Buffalo one day after the Bills' final game.

Lori
10-12-2003, 09:24 PM
But can it really get any worse? What do we have to lose????

Fire him now. I'm sick of watching this crap week after week.

I held out before now, because I've done the research about teams firing head coaches during the season and going on to make the playoffs that year. (FYI, it's never happened, at least not since the NFL-AFL merger. 0-53.)

But after sitting through today's excuse for a football game, I now realize those stats are irrelevant... because the way this team has played for the last MONTH, it ain't gonna be making the playoffs anyway.

Bah. I think I'm going to need something stronger than beer to get through the game next week.

Lone Stranger
10-12-2003, 09:51 PM
This is one mistake TD will have a tough time living down. GW was his boy and he has stayed with him far longer than most people would . Presently, the real problem is who should take over. Levy is not familiar witrh the players and would suffer accordingly. LaBeau is a possibility but his track record in Cinci is spotty. Maybe it would be better if Les Steckel would replace Gilbride. He was offensive coordinator at Tennessee for a while.

Turf
10-12-2003, 09:56 PM
Gilbride being the fall guy for Greg would fit the pattern, with Greg gone at years end. Everyone else has been the fall guy for Greg so far.
And Gilbride deserves to go. He's a stubborn ass.