PDA

View Full Version : Disapointed!

Topdog
10-12-2003, 06:44 PM
I've been a die hard Vikings fan for over thirty years, through thick and thin, but I have always been a supporter. I can't believe how fast some of the Bills fans abandon ship, Ist Quarter? Have some faith!!!

Honey would never give up on them!!!!

lordofgun
10-12-2003, 06:50 PM
No one has abandoned the Bills. We have abandoned our ****** coaches...and for good reason.

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
No one has abandoned the Bills. We have abandoned our ****** coaches...and for good reason.

:bf1: Because they've gotten the players to abandon them

honey
10-12-2003, 06:57 PM
I never give up on the Bills. :( If we need a new coach, so be it, but the coaches aren't out on the field, either. We didn't look good today, but I think better days are ahead for us! Suck it up, team, and go for it next week! :up:

Topdog
10-12-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by lordofgun
The coaches aren't the ones on the field. They don't drop the balls, they don't fumble the ball, and they don't Miss tackles. They just lay out a game plan. If thE PLAYERS FAIL THE WHOLE TEAM FAILS, THATS MY POINT.

The Spaz
10-12-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Topdog

The coaches aren't the ones on the field. They don't drop the balls, they don't fumble the ball, and they don't Miss tackles. They just lay out a game plan. If thE PLAYERS FAIL THE WHOLE TEAM FAILS, THATS MY POINT.

I used to think that way but my thinking now is if that were the case no coaches would get fired!!!

honey
10-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Ummmm, shouldn't this thread actually be in the Buffalo Bills Zone forum? :huh:

Topdog
10-12-2003, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by The Spaz
I used to think that way but my thinking now is if that were the case no coaches would get fired!!! [/QUO

I watched the whole game today, and it was easy to see which team was ready for the challenge, unfortunately it wasn't the bills. Maybe it can be said that the coaches didn't prepare the team mentally, But lets not forget that these players are suppose to be PROFESIONALS ! They are not children.

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 07:11 PM
I watched the whole game today, and it was easy to see which team was ready for the challenge, unfortunately it wasn't the bills. Maybe it can be said that the coaches didn't prepare the team mentally, But lets not forget that these players are suppose to be PROFESIONALS ! They are not children.
The preparation is on the coaches. We have excellent talent at most positions so there is no reason we can't perform...except coaching.

Topdog
10-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
The preparation is on the coaches. We have excellent talent at most positions so there is no reason we can't perform...except coaching.
Thats pecisely my point, we are dealing with professionals, that make a whole lot more money than you or I, shouldn't they take on some responsibility, for thier own destiny? After all thier NOT CHILDREN!

The Spaz
10-12-2003, 07:19 PM

Thats pecisely my point, we are dealing with professionals, that make a whole lot more money than you or I, shouldn't they take on some responsibility, for thier own destiny? After all thier NOT CHILDREN!

What if the coaches are acting like children?:coocoo:

Topdog
10-12-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
What if the coaches are acting like children?:coocoo:
That is where the word "Audible" comes into play! :D

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 07:24 PM

Even those great players we had in the early 90s needed coaching..and they got it. These guys aren't getting it.

honey
10-12-2003, 07:39 PM
Let's see, the coaches make how much a year, and the players make HOW much a year? I don't know, I think it's on both the coaches AND the players - but I'm still optimistic - we just need to find our groove and get into it. :gobills:

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 07:45 PM
It ain't about how much they make. They need a head coach to get them to play to their strengths and as a unit. Something Williams has shown little ability to do.

honey
10-12-2003, 07:47 PM
:sadwalk: Sighhhh....ok, ok....we need a new coach.

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 07:52 PM
not trying to make you sad, honey...it's nice that someone still has a little faith..but it's tough for us to have faith in the coach when his own players have given up on him.

mybills
10-12-2003, 08:13 PM
I'm not sure it's even a matter of players giving up on coaches, but the fans given up on the coaches. All fans have different feeling on different things. Bills fans will NEVER give up on their team, nor will any other DIE HARD FAN...but like I told you before, Topdog, my friend Wolf (the Vikings fan) was ready to pack it in last year because he thought they would move.

Sure, it was a bad loss against an 0-4 team, but we should have had this in the bag. There's nobody to blame but the people who direct the players on what to do. The players get paid because they do what they're told to do, the coaches get paid by the people who tell them what to do, but they don't always know or do what's best. Our coaches have let us down too many times to be happy with even a win. :cynic:

Topdog
10-12-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by mybills
I'm not sure it's even a matter of players giving up on coaches, but the fans given up on the coaches. All fans have different feeling on different things. Bills fans will NEVER give up on their team, nor will any other DIE HARD FAN...but like I told you before, Topdog, my friend Wolf (the Vikings fan) was ready to pack it in last year because he thought they would move.

Sure, it was a bad loss against an 0-4 team, but we should have had this in the bag. There's nobody to blame but the people who direct the players on what to do. The players get paid because they do what they're told to do, the coaches get paid by the people who tell them what to do, but they don't always know or do what's best. Our coaches have let us down too many times to be happy with even a win. :cynic:

i understand that but, but lets not forget that the Bucks last year started out 0 and 4, and who won the super Bowl? I rest mat case. :calm:

mybills
10-12-2003, 08:20 PM

I rest mat case.

I'm glad somebody was able to rest Mat's (bf1) case! :rofl:

Topdog
10-12-2003, 08:25 PM
OOPS! :o:

The_Philster
10-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by mybills
I'm glad somebody was able to rest Mat's (bf1) case! :rofl:

someone really needed to :snicker:

lordofgun
10-12-2003, 09:36 PM
That's funny. Honey tells us you were crying for Dennis Green to be fired for years. :shakeno:

Typ0
10-12-2003, 11:17 PM
was it a players decision to go for it on 4th and 11?

Sabre Ally
10-12-2003, 11:42 PM
It ain't about how much they make. They need a head coach to get them to play to their strengths and as a unit. Something Williams has shown little ability to do.

Phil, every once in awhile you post something that really makes sense.

If anyone needs any further proof that what Phil says is true, just look at the freakin' New York Rangers for an example.

Typ0
10-13-2003, 12:21 AM
Phil said something that makes sense? Sounds like a candidate for the HOF forum.

The_Philster
10-13-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
Phil said something that makes sense? Sounds like a candidate for the HOF forum.

Typ0 :shutit: Phil We're still waiting for your first post that makes sense...other than the ones that talk about beer of course. :D

Cntrygal
10-13-2003, 05:06 AM
Phil We're still waiting for your first post that makes sense...other than the ones that talk about beer of course. :D

:eek:

Phil are you talking to yourself?

The_Philster
10-13-2003, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
:eek:

Phil are you talking to yourself?

:cynic: Very funny. But it would be one of the most intelligent conversations I'd ever have. :up:

honey
10-13-2003, 10:49 AM
:cynic: Very funny. But it would be one of the most intelligent conversations I'd ever have. :up:

:rofl:

Please don't get Denny Green. :eek: Then I'd NEVER get Frank to watch the Bills with me. :(