When was your first game? What was the most exciting Sabres game you've gone to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fushetti
    President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
    • Feb 2003

When was your first game? What was the most exciting Sabres game you've gone to?

My first game was against the New York Islanders in the 87-88 season at the Aud. Don't remember the exact date. i was 8 years old at the time.

The most exciting game(s) i've ever gone to...would have to be any game during the 99 playoffs. I went to all the home games that postseason, but the two that stand out the most are Games 3 and 4 against the Toronto Maple Leafs in the Conference final. Spanking the Leafs and then watching the Leaf fans cry, whine, and fight was priceless. And to top it off, Rob Ray scored in one of the games.

What about you guys?
    "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
    Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

1975? Against the Blackhawks.

Saw the Russians beat up in1976, saw Bobby Nystrom beat us in OT in the playoffs, and then snuck into about 20 or more games between 1980-1984- with my buddy Chuck - his dad ran a beer stand and on Sunday m=nights we would go 2 hours before the games and he would sneak us in.

We would spend the 1st period in the standing room area in the RAFTERS, and the ushers and ushurettes would scope out seats for us near his dad's stand in the corner - the old Gold/red level.

it was great.

Another time my dad got me and a bunch of freinds into a private box a few yeqrs back- a 6-0 win over the Kings. We ran into Brad May (who broke a knuckle in a fight) at a bar in Elmwood (The President's bar?) that night- my sister managed to get my Sabres Jersey signed.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

I think it was game 3 of the 1999 Stanley Cup Finals. Me and my dad had won tickets through the Buffalo News, which had a drawing. We just so happend to win and got 2 300 I level seats which wasnt too shabby.

:)
      “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Myers57
        Registered User and McLovin stunt double
        • Sep 2003

WNSA one year anniversary, free tickets to whoever called in.

Called and got Section 105 tickets row 4.... they were nice

3-3 tie but Sabs tied it with only a few minutes to go in the third which was very exciting!

I don't go to many games partially because I can't afford them and secondly, we live so far from the arena.. but that is to change as I have my car and am getting my license in December so I should be able to go to more...

Comment

• I the end I
          • Sep 2003

I think it was 1999 it was a sabres vs panthers game. Sabres were winning 5-0 near the end of the game and a a few fights broke out after a play..a few people were squaring off at one time. During those fights I could see out of the corner of my eye Hasek going to the other end of the ice to join the action. It was pretty crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X