PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, what are the chances that GW is fired tomorrow?

mackey789
10-12-2003, 10:38 PM
I think that this needs to happen, he needs to be fired to not only satisfy the fans, but to inspire some of the players on this team. Next weekend at the game GW is going to get booed so badly and that has to have an effect on the team. Get rid of GW and Gilbride, promote Lebeau, and find someone that can light a fire under this offense's ass. This season is not over yet but i truely believe that if we keep GW any longer we can start rooting for next year. It sucks but it has to happen. What do you think?

LtBillsFan66
10-12-2003, 10:38 PM
10000000000000000000000000000000000 to 1.

It'll come after the season, no doubt.

mackey789
10-12-2003, 10:40 PM
That sucks, i think Donahoe should pull the trigger and get rid of this guy, we are going NOWHERE with him as our coach.

Dozerdog
10-12-2003, 10:42 PM
If it to happen at all during the season, it would be the bye week.

It ain't going to happen in season though.

LtBillsFan66
10-12-2003, 10:44 PM
I don't think there are too many people who want him around anymore...

But what will firing him mid-season accomplish? Who will take over?

I don't think anyone can take over at this point and make anything any better.

Tatonka
10-12-2003, 11:06 PM
the biggest problem is, we really dont have anyone to replace him at this point.. maybe coughlin (who has worked with gilbride before)?... but when GW goes.. i would really like to see him take KG with him.

Herdwatcher
10-12-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
the biggest problem is, we really dont have anyone to replace him at this point.. maybe coughlin (who has worked with gilbride before)?... but when GW goes.. i would really like to see him take KG with him.

You said it right there. Gilbride needs to go as well. Don't stop with Williams. These guy's have been reeled in by other teams and are now flpping on the deck of the boat!

The_Philster
10-13-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I don't think there are too many people who want him around anymore...

But what will firing him mid-season accomplish? Who will take over?

I don't think anyone can take over at this point and make anything any better.

It's highly unlikely that bringing anyone else in could make anything worse though.

doug45
10-13-2003, 06:52 AM
I agree GW has to go but we also need to address the Drew problem. In this day and age we need someone that can at least scramble a little. Drew has cement feet and they will sack him all year long as long as he can not move.

robeezy
10-13-2003, 06:56 AM
You can't blame it all Drew. Look at that line. Everyone was getting pushed around. They have to take part of the blame.

Historian
10-13-2003, 07:01 AM
"Losing is a disease..."

helmetguy
10-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Let's not forget Jerry Gray. We have Lebeau and Steckel on board already. LeBeau can be HC and DC at the same time, let Steckel handle OC chores and evaluate what happens from there.

doug45
10-13-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by robeezy
You can't blame it all Drew. Look at that line. Everyone was getting pushed around. They have to take part of the blame.

Maybe he is getting old but a QB in the NFL today has to have some mobility and Drew has almost 0. If the other team knows you will not move they will blitz in and nail you everytime.

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by doug45
Maybe he is getting old but a QB in the NFL today has to have some mobility and Drew has almost 0. If the other team knows you will not move they will blitz in and nail you everytime.
I disagree. Look at Peyton Manning. He has almost no mobility at all and he's doing great.

helmetguy
10-13-2003, 01:36 PM
KG has gotten so enamored with Bledsoe's arm that the running game is an afterthought. As such, teams are just pinning their ears back and zeroing in on the QB, knowing that there is no threat to run the ball.

Now, you say, what about the O-line protecting Bledsoe; or, better yet, their inability to protect him? Simple: COMMITMENT!!!
You simply can't run the ball behind pass protection. It just won't happen under the current regime. However, limiting the number of player groupings, and running/passing out of the same basic sets, you are not telegraphing your intentions to the defense. You CAN run out of a three-wide set, just as you CAN pass out of a two-back set. The deciding factor is to stick to a run if a run is called; stick to a pass if a pass is called. LET THE LINE KNOW!!!

snow1989
10-13-2003, 01:40 PM
Ok..guess I'll be the 'in-house' moron.....personally, I don't see what anyone sees in LeBeau?...he sucks, Steckel, Gray...they suck too....get rid of ALL of them....yes, it'll kill this season...but give the new staff a chance to start implementing their plans, evaluating the personnel, get ready for the draft and come out swinging next year.....this team has too much talent to be this bad.....its time for a complete overhaul folks...go ahead, call me crazy...won't be the first time

Skatt8011
10-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Marv Levy will come back and motivate this team to 10-6!!!

I know Im overdoing it with this Marv Levy thing but I want it to happen so bad!