PDA

View Full Version : To me, the tide turned

Earthquake Enyart
10-13-2003, 07:18 AM
on 4th and 1 when we went for it and RAN WIDE. You just can't have a slow developing running play with that many defenders that close to the line of scrimmage. As soon as I saw Henry go wide, I knew he would get stuffed. That was a horrible play call.

Rude American
10-13-2003, 07:20 AM
we have the worst coachign staff in the league.

WNYnut
10-13-2003, 07:25 AM
for starters, we should have ran the ball on 3rd down if we knew we were going to go for it fourth down. these are the little things that cost teams games. figure if we make that first down, at the very least we're up 6-0, if not 10-0, because at the time, we were moving the ball with some consistency. i guess we see what happens when stupid coaching mistakes are made.

RedEyE
10-13-2003, 08:16 AM
If they had to pass on third down, a play action pass to Campbell in the flats is a much better call. However, I agree with most, Henry was well on his way to having a great game against the Jets and Gilbride stole that game from them. The players have lost faith in their coaching staff. Someone has to go immediatly!

fushetti
10-13-2003, 08:52 AM
its useless to debate the bad play calling.. we'll only be doing the same thing next week about other 3rd and 4th downs and short. i'm sickened by this loss. The skins have been on a losing streak, so its only normal for them to break it against buffalo.

The_Philster
10-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Rude American

Such a good and accurate post it bears repeating
Originally posted by Rude American

Skatt8011
10-13-2003, 05:04 PM
I agree! And on 3rd down we shouldve RAN, whether that was Drew calling an audible, or GIlbrides fault it is COMPLETLY inexcusable