PDA

View Full Version : Even if we right the ship....

Historian
10-13-2003, 07:33 AM
...you can forget the playoffs. The first tie breaker is the divisional record. The Jet game was the key. We are now 1-2 within the division. The best we can do is a split with the fish...and a split with the Jets, and still have to go to New England to try to steal one on the road. Highly unlikely.

Even if they right the ship, they not only have to win outright, they have to hope a lot of teams lose games.

Might as well start looking at next season.

Back when they hired this stiff, I was an insider in the Bills organization. I was privy to a lot of the goings on amongst the upper management. (You can learn a lot if you stand at the bar with a glass of pepsi!) At a dinner one night, Bill Munson, and a few others were all just giddy about getting rid of John Butler, and Wade Phillips. They just kept spewing propaganda about how we were going to be disciplined, and we were going to get back to the Super Bowl...etc...
My question was.."What the hell has this guy ever done...what experience does he have, other than running off at the mouth?" People looked at me as if I was Judas.
Sorry, I just know football. And I have followed this team for 36 years. I know when they're on the right track, and I know when they're in damage control mode. Believe me when I say I have followed this team a lot longer than any current employee they have...with the exception of Ralph Wilson.

Well, Williams has become the embarrassment I predicted, while everyone else (including the 1-15 Carolina Panthers) has improved. All we have done in Williams three years here...is stage publicity stunts. The uniform unveiling, the Bledsoe welcome wagon, etc...NOTHING of substance.

The chickens have come home to roost...and I'm laughing my nads off!

lordofgun
10-13-2003, 09:32 AM
I didn't think it was possible to have a worse coach than Wade Phillips. :(

WG
10-13-2003, 09:59 AM
Ya might want to keep those nads in reserve somewhere just in case you need them sometime...