PDA

View Full Version : is GW going to be canned?

Billsouth
10-13-2003, 08:32 AM
has anyone heard any rumors? what about gilbride?

i would like to see him canned and replaced by lebaeu for the rest of the season. at the end of the season lets start searching for a new coach.

gilbride must go!!!

Novacane
10-13-2003, 08:34 AM
Sadly I doubt he will be fired this week. However, he will not last the season

RedEyE
10-13-2003, 08:35 AM
I think that Gilbride can be a good coach under the proper authority.

If I had it my way, I would axe Williams today, ignite LeBeau as a temporary Head Coach for the remainder of the season, and suspend Gilbride. Send a message to the players.

fushetti
10-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Why would u guys want Lebeau as head coach? His teams blew in Cincinnati and he had no control over his players. He's a coordinator.

RedEyE
10-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by fushetti
Why would u guys want Lebeau as head coach? His teams blew in Cincinnati and he had no control over his players. He's a coordinator.

Unless Levy comes out of the commentator booth, there isn't a coach in his right mind that would take over a struggling team in the middle of the season.

snow1989
10-13-2003, 09:16 AM
I doubt GW gets canned until the end of the season...that said, after GW gets canned, I hope NONE of them are retained...Gilbride sucks, Lebeau sucks and right on down the line....

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2003, 09:22 AM
Sure, let's wait until the end of the season, and forfeit the rest of this season despite the fact that management spent top dollars to provide the team with players. :rolleyes:

Buckets
10-13-2003, 09:23 AM
Where's that recall GW petition?

I don't think that any of the "EX" head coaches on this team could right this ship. I agree with most of you they are all losers.

We are in trouble.

:lastyr:

Billsouth
10-13-2003, 09:30 AM
then what the hell do we have to lose by firing williams now?

askabry
10-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Tommy D knows that mid-season firings almost always result in <i>worse</i> performances by the team. Moreover, if you were going to replace GW it would have to be an internal replacement.

Then what? Is anyone so shot in the a$$ with Dick LeBeau or Kevin Gilbride???

You've got what you've got. Live with it or not.

Dozerdog
10-13-2003, 10:30 AM
Tom Coughlin !!! Sign him 24 hours after the Bills season ends

stuckincincy
10-13-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Tom Coughlin !!! Sign him 24 hours after the Bills season ends

Why wait...unless there's some sorta tampering rule as with players. Altho' I doubt Coughlin has any contractural obligations with JAX :D

Evidently, GW used his "failed to execute" words in the press conf. Again.

I think GW/KG will be axed after the WAS game, what with the bye week coming after that. At this point, I'd be hard-pressed to think they'll beat WAS...even if they do, IMHO bye-bye to the Idiot Regime.

helmetguy
10-13-2003, 10:50 AM
That's the way it is every week, Stuck. Leo Roth even pointed it out in his column today in the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. There's no accountability among the coaching staff. As far as he's concerned, Williams is of the mindset that he and his coaches have made the correct calls, made the correct adjustments, and concocted the perfect schemes for each opponent to date. All that is left is for the players to execute. After each loss (or poor performance) Williams repeatedly deflects questions away from the shotcomings of coaching decisions; falling back on the excuse that "[Fill in the name here] didn't execute..." Without accountability from the coaching staff, the players won't feel they are accountable, either.

The_Philster
10-13-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by fushetti

He also was in Cincinnati....a town with a loser mentality when it comes to their football team. Mike Brown has, finally gotten away from making the stupid personnel decisions this year.

helmetguy
10-13-2003, 09:20 PM
I have to believe that the Bills' front office is working out a contingency plan if the team's struggles continue. It would be preferable to make the switch sooner, rather than later, but the switch HAS to be made. I think Phil mentioned a players' mutiny in another thread, and I'm beginning to think it has already begun.