Donahoe's Biggest Mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

Donahoe's Biggest Mistake

Yeah I know, once you read the post most u guys immediatly thought of Gilbride, Denney, Fat Mike, Adams, Pucillo, and some IDIOTS even thought of Bledsoe. Well you guys are wrong cuz it's Williams. No, not the fat one, the stupid one. three years ago, Tom Donohoe had a choice. Williams, Jon Fox, or Marvin Lewis. Look where John Fox is now. Coaching the Panthers who just beat the amazing Colts. They are 5-0 and are for real. (except maybe Delomme) They are w/o a doubt in the Top 5. Marvin Lewis has taken the worst team by far, and turned it into a VERY competive team, dispite being 1-4. So competive they almost beat the Bills. Also Marvin still probably has the worst total talent in the NFL. He will find a way to get the Begals to 4-12ish. Horrible decision. :confused2 :2guns: :machgun:
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I was just saying the same thing this morning to my friend.

They decided against Lewis and Fox because they weren't prepared for the interview. Well didn't they both just came off of a SuperBowl game???

GW was soooo prepared. Notebooks, binders, everything. He had all the freaking time in the world to get prepared during that year's post-season.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

hindsight is 20/20. Noone really *****ed at that decision then.

I regret the decision, but it wasnt TD's fault. It is TD's fault if he lets it continue tho.

Comment

• HenryRules
        • Jul 2002

If I remember correctly, Lewis said some bad stuff about the city and didn't want to come here after interviewing.

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

That's right Henry, Lewis didn't like the city and as I remember had an issue with the school districts.
          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

if they were going to look anywhere,they should have looked in their own yard.we had TC here all along and the players would have played their @$$e$ off for him.it's obvious that Gee Dubya has no control whatsoever.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by LABillsFan
              That's right Henry, Lewis didn't like the city and as I remember had an issue with the school districts.
              But Cincinnati, Ohio is much better.....

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

Don't forget that these were the 3 best DC's in the NFL at that time. Tennessee was the number 1 ranked defense that year, then the Ravens and Giants. We picked the guy who had the number 1 ranked defense. Hindsight is 20/20. Some guys are just good coordinators and not very good head coaches......Wade, Norv, Buddy Ryan, Lebeau, etc... it happens.

Comment

• helmetguy
                  Touch the helmet for luck
                  • Sep 2002

Remember, Ted, that GW's defenses got to feast off those offensive "juggernauts" of Baltimore, Cincinnati and the "new" Cleveland Browns. Pittsburgh wasn't exactly the Donald Trump of NFL real estate, either. That's half of Tennessee's schedule that year. Mansfield U's defense could have been dominant in that division!
                  Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                  And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Judge
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                    hindsight is 20/20. Noone really *****ed at that decision then.

I regret the decision, but it wasnt TD's fault. It is TD's fault if he lets it continue tho.
                    I think everyone did moan and complain at the time. GW was a longshot darkhorse. Nobody expected the decision, and few liked it then.
                    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by HenryRules
                      If I remember correctly, Lewis said some bad stuff about the city and didn't want to come here after interviewing.
                      If I remember correctly, he said that after he didn't get the job- sour grapes.
                      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• TedMock
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by helmetguy
                        Remember, Ted, that GW's defenses got to feast off those offensive "juggernauts" of Baltimore, Cincinnati and the "new" Cleveland Browns. Pittsburgh wasn't exactly the Donald Trump of NFL real estate, either. That's half of Tennessee's schedule that year. Mansfield U's defense could have been dominant in that division!
                        Good points....look at the other 2 D's as well. Same thing. Baltimore's in the same division and the NFC East was weak. So it goes I guess. I'll say I'm as disappointed as I've ever been with a Bills team right now.

Comment

• HenryRules
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

If I remember correctly, he said that after he didn't get the job- sour grapes.
                          It was admittedly low class, but I mean, why close a door until it's been shut ... who knows, he might have been negotiating with the team for an extra mil cuz he didn't like the area and he'd have to maintain 2 homes for his family (one in Buff and one where he liked) ... coming out and saying the town sucks pretty much forces the team's hand to not hire him.

Comment

• 35Pete
                            • Mar 2003

I suggest that we fire GW and KG immediately, temporarily elevate Lebeau to HC, elevate Steckel to OC and look in the offseason for a real coaching staff. It cannot get any worse!

Pete, stuck in Dolphin country

Comment

• helmetguy
                              Touch the helmet for luck
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by 35Pete

Pete, stuck in Dolphin country
                              I feel for ya, Buddy! Welcome to the Zone!
                              Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                              And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

Working...
                              X