PDA

View Full Version : If anyone is to blame it is .....

L.A. Playa
10-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Ralph Wilson, he made the decision to start Rob Johnson against Tennesee in the playoffs (the run that made Gregg Williams a hot assistant), he fired Bruce De haven who is now the specials teams coach of the Cowboys hired by Bill parcells (credited with the call on opening TD yesterday), he fired John Butler and Wade Phillips, created the Flutie-Johnson controversy and hired Gregg Williams and didn't fire him yet. So really if anyone is to blame it is Ralph Wilson

Miami_Vice
10-13-2003, 03:13 PM
You should blame yourself for cheering for these gutless losers.

L.A. Playa
10-13-2003, 03:17 PM
you know i always keep football in perspective i would like the bills to win every week if they dont i dont die or get depressed i just move along and make sure what is important is taken care of (my family) football doesnt pay me so i don't allow myself to get too emotionally attached Ralph doesnt "SHOW ME THE MONEY" so i dont let this team depress me

HenryRules
10-13-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
Rob Johnson against Tennesee in the playoffs (the run that made Gregg Williams a hot assistant)

Going to leave that one alone, as it has been done to death and no need to rehash

he fired Bruce De haven who is now the specials teams coach of the Cowboys hired by Bill parcells (credited with the call on opening TD yesterday)

Agree, that was bad.

he fired John Butler and Wade Phillips

Disagree entirely. Butler's team peaked at 9-7 and was going to have to be rebuilt anyway. Wade Phillips had run his course and didn't know his role. A hierarchy within the organization needs to be maintained, otherwise you will have disorder/anarchy which is not good in sports.

Created the Flutie-Johnson controversy

The players had more to do with this than anyone else ... see Kurt Warner (not his wife) and Drew Bledsoe for the way that classy players handle these situations.

and hired Gregg Williams and didn't fire him yet.

Actually, he hired TD and let him hire the head coach. You can blame him for hiring TD, or TD for hiring GW, but not Wilson for hiring GW. Yes the buck stops at Wilson, which is why you can blame him for TD, but TD also has to do his own job. For the same reason, you can't directly blame Ralph Wilson if the guys at the gate are too pushy and make you throw away your beer before its finished - that's their fault and their boss - blame Wilson for the policy/rules, but not for the actions of others.

LtBillsFan66
10-13-2003, 03:24 PM
Bruce De haven looked golden with the call against the Eagles.

L.A. Playa
10-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Ralph in a sense created Greeg Williams as a hot assitant by starting Johnson, lets ssay Flutie starts that game and wins Titans don't go to Super Bowl no one is thinking of Gregg Williams

By making Phillips start Johnson he created controversy

Fired Butler because he didn't support Wilson going over his coaches head in Johnson decision

Fired Wade because he wouldn't fire his coaches

Hired Donahoe because he could ralte to the old man boys network

Allowed Donahoe to do anything he has wanted including hiring Gregg and not demanding he let him go

Listens to all the BS donahoe tells him about GW because donahoe wants to be called a genius for hiring GW

L.A. Playa
10-13-2003, 03:28 PM
Maybe Ralph Wilson wants to piss Buffalo fans off so he can move the franchise to more golden pastures?????/

Los Angeles is making a big push for a franchise and Ralphie likes money so why not create a team that looks like a SB contender get fans hopes up tank season so they are pissed off and move to L.A. to get money from Ahhhhhhnold

conspiracy theory #333,258,152,658,987

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2003, 03:30 PM
You really should lay off the crack.

L.A. Playa
10-13-2003, 03:32 PM
buffalonians can never take a joke

HenryRules
10-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Ralph in a sense created Greeg Williams as a hot assitant by starting Johnson, lets ssay Flutie starts that game and wins Titans don't go to Super Bowl no one is thinking of Gregg Williams

You couldn't leave this one alone??? Johnson put the team in position to win the game, DeHaven lost the team the game. Blame DeHaven for this one ... but you can't blame Wilson for both hiring a guy and then blame him for firing a guy, so I guess you have to bend this to your own wishes.

By making Phillips start Johnson he created controversy

Controversy was created long before that.

Fired Butler because he didn't support Wilson going over his coaches head in Johnson decision

Not the only reason he fired Butler ... but the problem with this is???

Fired Wade because he wouldn't fire his coaches

Thank you for restating what I said ... and the problem with this is???

Hired Donahoe because he could ralte to the old man boys network

What?!?!? Where in he!! did you dig this one up?

Allowed Donahoe to do anything he has wanted including hiring Gregg and not demanding he let him go

So, he was wrong for firing Butler because Butler allowed people to do anything they wanted, but he is wrong for allowing Donahoe to do anything he wanted? Pick a side.

Personally, I disagree with you on this anyway. Wilson still has quite a say in FA signings.

Listens to all the BS donahoe tells him about GW because donahoe wants to be called a genius for hiring GW

Yeah, Wilson really seems to be a big GW booster in the last season or so. That's why GW's contract runs out, isn't it?

lordofgun
10-13-2003, 03:34 PM
buffalonians can never take a joke

He's from Wisconsin. That explains everything. :D

justasportsfan
10-13-2003, 03:35 PM
Flutie was beter than Rob Johnson :yikes:

L.A. Playa
10-13-2003, 03:36 PM
it is just food for thought
not saying i neccesarily believe any of this
but if the players are not the problem it must be the man in charge then the real man in charge is Ralph and it is funny how the Bills history kinda made GW and now he is allegedly ruining the bills

Mr. Miyagi
10-13-2003, 03:37 PM
it is funny how the Bills history kinda made GW and now he is allegedly ruining the bills
That IS irony, isn't it?

Judge
10-13-2003, 03:40 PM
Ralph Wilson, he made the decision to start Rob Johnson against Tennesee in the playoffs (the run that made Gregg Williams a hot assistant), he fired Bruce De haven who is now the specials teams coach of the Cowboys hired by Bill parcells (credited with the call on opening TD yesterday), he fired John Butler and Wade Phillips, created the Flutie-Johnson controversy and hired Gregg Williams and didn't fire him yet. So really if anyone is to blame it is Ralph Wilson

Not a bad point! Of course, we must be thankful to Mr. Wilson for giving us a team. And he did hire Tom Donahoe, who put together a talented roster even if the record isn't indicative of how good this team could be yet. However, you make a valid point as to how this whole thing has played out.

L.A. Playa
10-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Also, Johnson may have put the bills in position to beat the titans but he alson took a safety if i remember correctly and then the titans scored after the free kick so could say he cost the bills 9 points that flutie wouln't have cost the bills and hurt team morale before a playoff game

helmetguy
10-13-2003, 03:49 PM
This is the most ridiculous logic I have ever heard. I hope it was all meant in jest. No one could SERIOUSLY think that Rob Johnson starting the "Music City Miracle" game is the reason our coaching staff smells to high heaven now, can they?

The buck for the team's continued poor performances begins and stops with GW, pure and simple. The mistakes are the same, week after week, with no indication that they are addressed at all.

Tom Donahoe was a superb GM for the Steelers. He kept them competitive each year by making wise draft moves in selecting replacements for players he was certain to lose in free agency. He would still be in Pittsburgh if not for Bill Cowher. When Dan Rooney had to address the growing rift between Cowher and Donahoe, he made the economical decision-not to rehire Donahoe. Firing Cowher would have cost him about $6 million (unless Cowher was hired by another team). Pittsburgh's decline almost EXACTLY parallels Donahoe's departure.

John Butler's departure was economic as well. With each year, the Bills salary structure was falling deeper and deeper into Salary Cap Hell. Butler's contract was up, and NO amount of money was going to keep him in Buffalo. Like Polian before him, he would not heed the advice and counsel of the guy who manages the Bills' financial matters-Jeffery Littman.

Finally, Donahoe has solved the Bills' salary cap woes in just three short years. He brought in offensive talent last year to make them more competitive, even though the defense couldn't keep ooponents off the scoreboard. He brought in the defensive talent this year, only to find out that, no matter WHO is playing in this defense, the results are strangely the same. The common denominator(s)? Gregg Williams and his Tennessee cronies, Jerry Gray and Kevin Gilbride.

Since Ralph Wilson "created" Gregg Williams (in your analysis) perhaps we should fire HIM (Wilson)! That's as plausible as the scenario you have painted.

Judge
10-13-2003, 03:51 PM
Smart analysis pmacla.

Antowain Smith was the star of that game, along with a Bills Defense that was probably the second-best D the team ever had in its history, after the AFL championship teams. His hard running set the tone for the Bills' superb second half that should have led to a victory. RJ was a non-factor until the final drive, which was to his credit a gutsy, effective drive. Antowain Smith put us in the position to win.

You dance with who brought you. Flutie, like it or not, was the starter that year. he should have had the chance to finish the playoff run and see what happened. At minimum it would have led to less of a distraction leading into the game.

L.A. Playa
10-13-2003, 03:56 PM
hey i just really feel as fans root for the team don't boo gregg when he comes up on the video screen, if you were a player how would you like it if the people you play for booed your boss (this is assuming the players like GW) i know it sucks to lose but most "experts" predict a 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 year this year with next year being the year the bills make a serious run. we fans have felt they could do it this year. maybe they still will but relax forget about sunday and get focused and be positive for sunday

GO BILLS

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2003, 03:56 PM
:couch:

The Flutie/RJ debacle refuses to die...ahhhhhhh!!!!!

Drewpac
10-13-2003, 04:07 PM
I agree. That single game against the Titans cast a dark cloud over the organization that has lingered for almost 5 years now. As fans, we've only had a couple of truly feel good moments over the last five seasons (Titans in 2000, Dolphins at home in 2002, and Pats this season). The saddest thing of all is that the team that we have watched the past four weeks looks eerily familiar to the Rob Johnson led 2001 squad. No O-Line, QB who holds onto the ball too long, defense can't stop the run, horrendous special teams, and poor coaching.

SABURZFAN
10-13-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
:couch:

The Flutie/RJ debacle refuses to die...ahhhhhhh!!!!!

you can blame the Old Fart for that too.