PDA

View Full Version : Who should step in if GW gets the axe this/next week?

Skatt8011
10-13-2003, 05:23 PM
?????

Skatt8011
10-13-2003, 05:35 PM
bump

TigerJ
10-13-2003, 09:20 PM
I honestly don't think Marv Levy is an option. Neither the offensive system or the defensive system that the Bills run now are systems with which Levy is terribly familiar, nor is he likely to be fond of either system. It's not practical to install something different in midseason. And I don't know how well he would get along with a bunch of assistants who have to know they are lame ducks.

If not Dick LeBeau, I think Les Steckel might be an option. He has head coaching experience. No, his first head coaching stint wasn't that successful, but neither was Dick LeBeau's. Nor for that matter was Marv Levy's first shot at head coaching. Besides it would likely only be an interim situation, and a coaching change in midseason is almost an automatic concession that the team isn't going to do anything anyway.

Skatt8011
10-13-2003, 09:28 PM
Marv goes to about every game probably, or at least watches them, hes gotta have some kindof idea of what system they run, and look at Jon Gruden, he came in and didnt switch a damn thing! And that led them to the SB!!!