• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

What changed?

We've had the same players and the same coaches we had in the first two weeks that we have now. Did prime time screw up our coaches? Did they do something to the play books that they used in the first two games? Something went drastically wrong, drastically fast. IMO, we should consider ourselves only 2-4, because even that OT game was horrible as well. Before you jump on that, it's just a figure of speech. I am still trying to figure out what changed?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • helmetguy
    Touch the helmet for luck
    • Sep 2002

Nothing changed. That's just it! Even though we won the first two games, we made a lot of mistakes; mistakes that have never been corrected. (I suspect that some haven't even been addressed!) The difference is that the opposing coaches KNOW that these mistakes won't be corrected and game plan accordingly. That's why you're seeing Pucillo blocking air when the opposing defense runs a stunt; why you see blitzes on first down (or third and short) when we have the ball, and a myriad other indications that they already know what's coming before our coaching staff makes the call. To me, GW is coaching this team as if his record is 24-14 instead of 14-24!
    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Re: What changed?

Originally posted by mybills
      We've had the same players and the same coaches we had in the first two weeks that we have now. Did prime time screw up our coaches? Did they do something to the play books that they used in the first two games? Something went drastically wrong, drastically fast. IMO, we should consider ourselves only 2-4, because even that OT game was horrible as well. Before you jump on that, it's just a figure of speech. I am still trying to figure out <b>what changed</b>?
      Their playbook has been published by Marvel Comics. Even Hellen Keller could have figured out when and what plays the Bills run.

Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• socalfan
        Old Fogey from Cali
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by helmetguy
        Nothing changed. That's just it! Even though we won the first two games, we made a lot of mistakes; mistakes that have never been corrected. (I suspect that some haven't even been addressed!) The difference is that the opposing coaches KNOW that these mistakes won't be corrected and game plan accordingly. That's why you're seeing Pucillo blocking air when the opposing defense runs a stunt; why you see blitzes on first down (or third and short) when we have the ball, and a myriad other indications that they already know what's coming before our coaching staff makes the call. To me, GW is coaching this team as if his record is 24-14 instead of 14-24!

I think what the opposing coaches know is that the problems haven't been corrected....there is no reason for them not to be corrected. And so they will continue to hammer away until the Bills fix the problems.

Comment

• helmetguy
          Touch the helmet for luck
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by socalfan
          ...there is no reason for them not to be corrected.
          So you're saying the problems have to be corrected? Firm grasp of the blatantly obvious there!
          Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
          And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• E-Klips
            You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
            • Oct 2003

So you're saying the problems have to be corrected? Firm grasp of the blatantly obvious there!
            Is socalfan in the Bills organization? That's what I expect to hear from them.
            CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• G. Host
              Banned
              • Jul 2002

Sammy Morris got injured. It appears that the game plan heavily depended upon Sammy (one of the reasons they traded Gary) and then when he got hurt thet were never able to adjust.

He supposedly had a great offseason and was becoming as good as catcher as Centers.

It reminds me of week 1 of season 1 of the new coaching team when Cowart got hurt.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                Buffalo Bills Fan
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by G. Host
                Sammy Morris got injured. It appears that the game plan heavily depended upon Sammy (one of the reasons they traded Gary) and then when he got hurt thet were never able to adjust.

He supposedly had a great offseason and was becoming as good as catcher as Centers.

It reminds me of week 1 of season 1 of the new coaching team when Cowart got hurt.
                Losing Morris hurt. Still, look at Philly...lost an entire def. backfield, 2 dl's. NE heavy hit by injuries.

The bills have a crisis of faith...
                Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• BillsFever
                  Mr. Predictament
                  • Feb 2003

Drew Bledsoe forgot how to play QB again and decided to go through his 6 week slump early this year.

Comment

• socalfan
                    Old Fogey from Cali
                    • Feb 2003

.......we made a lot of mistakes; mistakes that have never been corrected. (I suspect that some haven't even been addressed!) The difference is that the opposing coaches KNOW that these mistakes won't be corrected and game plan accordingly. .......
                    Thanks!

Originally posted by E-Klips
                    Is socalfan in the Bills organization? That's what I expect to hear from them.
                    Why would you expect the organization to agree to the point that they don't have coaches doing their jobs?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                      • May 2003

Helmetguy is right. Nothing has changed. We beat a New England team with its collective head up its collective butt over the Lawyer Milloy fiasco; and a terrible Jacksonville team.

We've stunk against every other opponent, every one of which now knows to apply defensive pressure right up the middle, and to gear their offense to take advantage of our over pursuit and poor tackling on defense.

And our coaches don't know how to make the necessary adjustments.
                      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                      X