PDA

View Full Version : Has Monday Night Football become Obsolete?

Historian
10-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Is MNF an anachronism? With its rotating door on the announcers booth, the East Coast-West Coast time problems, the banal matchups (Falcons Vs Lambs???) and the fact that they refuse to even put on a team that isnt in the top 20 media market, I ask...

Is it time to do away with it?

Does anyone here even give a crap about it any more?

Can Al Michaels wig get any more fake looking?

These are the questions the Historian is pondering tonight.

ArcticWildMan
10-13-2003, 08:39 PM
If the NFL had it's way, they'd have a game every night. It's all about the Benjamins ;)

shelby
10-13-2003, 08:43 PM
i can't stay up that late to watch some lame ass game. If the Bills were playing, i'd make an exception.....then again, the way they are playing now, i think i need my beauty rest even more.
:z:

Dozerdog
10-13-2003, 09:10 PM
No Way- It's a marquee match up (or they try anyway) - they should add more- Friday or Saturday night (after college season- Late november=dec)

One way to resolve the East/West time problem would be to have flexible schedules (be able to move a MNF game with 4 -5 weeks notice - not the crappy 2 week notice like the skins game) and to have TWO games scheduled- one at 7:00 PM EST (east coast game) and one at 10:00(west coast game)

On the East coast, Put the early game on ABC and the late game on ESPN. Flip them on the west coast (Early game on ESPN, Late game on ABC)

TV schedules won't get to butchered, and folks on each coast will be able to get to work at a decent time, and West Coast fans won't have to leave work at noon.