• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • E-Klips
    You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
    • Oct 2003

Ease Up On The "Let's Hire Marv" Talk

I agree we need some changes made, whether it's new schemes, new coaches, whatever. What we also need is some stability. Ever since Marv left, we've been adding coaches and players, and we need to put something in place that's solid. So, if they do decide to make a coaching change, I'm hoping they get someone for the long run and not just a quick fix. That way, a lot of the problems we see won't resurface once the quick fix is gone.
    CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03
  • stuckincincy
    Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Sep 2003

Re: Ease Up On The "Let's Hire Marv" Talk

Originally posted by E-Klips
    I agree we need some changes made, whether it's new schemes, new coaches, whatever. What we also need is some stability. Ever since Marv left, we've been adding coaches and players, and we need to put something in place that's solid. So, if they do decide to make a coaching change, I'm hoping they get someone for the long run and not just a quick fix. That way, a lot of the problems we see won't resurface once the quick fix is gone.
    E-klips - I understand ya. Problem is, action IMHO is needed quickly. Not a desirable situation for sure, but unfortunately this seems to be becoming one of those "something is better that nothing" situations.
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Tom Coughlin!

Comment

• BillsFever
        Mr. Predictament
        • Feb 2003

Only a homer would want Marv Levy. Lets bring back Teddy M. while we're at it too.

Comment

• BillsFever
          Mr. Predictament
          • Feb 2003

Maybe the 49ers should bring Walsh back as the HC because they suck.

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
            WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
            • Mar 2003

Walsh still is a team advisor for San Fran. He convinced them to take Garcia from the CFL.

And what are you talking about "only a homer..."? Do you mean a fan with a memory of the Bills glory days?

The Bills can't talk to another coach until they fire GW. So what if they fire him and Wilson/Donahoe interview and don't like Coughlin? Then what? 2 or 3 days of no coach in the middle of the season. Bad, very bad.

Marv is brought up because of the ease in which he could be inserted mid-season. He and RW are friends. And because since he has done Bills pre-game shows he at least knows something about the team - more than an outsider would. Levy would only be coach for the rest of the season.

Hire whoever after the season, I have no problem with that. But mid-season it would have to be either Marv or Dickie baby.
            Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• The_Philster
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever
              Lets bring back Teddy M. while we're at it too.
              That's been discussed. Can you imagine?
              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
              X