Can Drew call an audible without it being a pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsFever
    Mr. Predictament
    • Feb 2003

Can Drew call an audible without it being a pass?

Every damn time he calls an audible it's a pass. The DC's know this, I know this, and all the fans should know this. Hell even Stevie Wonder knows we're gonna pass when he calls an audible.

Of course there will still be a few Drew lovers sitting at their computer with their Drew Bledsoe blankets and socks that will think otherwise. Drew can do no wrong. It's all coaching
  • socalfan
    Old Fogey from Cali
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever
    Every damn time he calls an audible it's a pass. ......
    How would you know that?

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

LOL..... because every audible ends in failure? I guess that's the logic

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

When did we get a hold of the Bills audible system? Did you know that QB's yell out fake audibles quite often during the game also? We as fans have no idea when it's real or fake and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

Comment

• Pride
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          LOL..... because every audible ends in failure? I guess that's the logic

Great quote!

Comment

• BillsFever
            Mr. Predictament
            • Feb 2003

Originally posted by TedMock
            When did we get a hold of the Bills audible system? Did you know that QB's yell out fake audibles quite often during the game also? We as fans have no idea when it's real or fake and to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.
            Well when Drew calls his "fake" audibles they should be on some running plays then.

If nobody doesn't notice it then they're blind or ignorant to the fact that it's the truth.

Comment

• BillsFever
              Mr. Predictament
              • Feb 2003

What a surprise. Howard Simon just said Drew admitted to changing the 3rd and 1 pass incomplete to Reed. A run was called but Drew thought he could pass it.

I would've never believed this

Comment

• TedMock
                • Jul 2002

Well when Drew calls his "fake" audibles they should be on some running plays then.

If nobody doesn't notice it then they're blind or ignorant to the fact that it's the truth.
                I was just saying that it's impossible for any of us to know when he's calling an actual audible. Nothing to do with ignorance at all but I appreciate the attack. They start running audibles in little league and even then coaches tell you to "fake" it (Blue 52 may mean absolutely nothing). As far as running (or lack of running) the ball I'd say it's more Gilbride than Drew (and I'm not a big Drew supporter). Why? Because if there's one thing we all know it's Gilbride's past. The old Houston Oilers. Warren Moon throws for 4000 yards every year, they never ran the ball to burn the clock but have a good defense coached by very good defensive minds that are constantly on the field thanks to the offense's inability to run. Therefore they never go as far as the talent they have....hence Buddy Ryan punches Gilbride in the head on the sideline. It all sound eerily similar to the '02 and '03 Bills.

Comment

• TedMock
                  • Jul 2002

What a surprise. Howard Simon just said Drew admitted to changing the 3rd and 1 pass incomplete to Reed. A run was called but Drew thought he could pass it.

I would've never believed this
                  He said that yesterday. It was no secret. I didn't say he didn't audible to passes, I said he wasn't doing it every time. That's my point, not that Drew's a perfect QB. I'm as pissed off as you are and yes, Drew's partially to blame but 41 passes vs. 19 rushes is just terrible and that's the OC more than anybody. Gash is crushing people in the hole yet Henry's not following him. How about a sweep on 4th and 1? Terrible. Howabout 3rd and short with Gash lined up in the slot? What the ***** was that?!! It's really getting out of hand. Also, and perhaps the biggest thing, the play of the interior OL is just gross. There were also 2 sacks that were obviously the QB's fault for holding the ball too long. His weakness will always be that. His strength's are play action and mid/long passes. Without running the ball we can't play action effectively.
                  Last edited by TedMock; 10-14-2003, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• dolfan
                    Junior Zoner
                    • Sep 2003

I JUST LOVE IT ... I LOVE COMING IN THE BILLS ZONE CAUSE ALL I READ IS BILLS FANS RIPPING APART THEIR TEAM I LOVE IT YOU GUYS ARE THE SAME AS THE TEAM YOU CHEER FOR , WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH BILLS FANS ARE ALL WAYS THERE TO RIP EACH OTHER APART LIKE I SAID IT I LOVE IT :fight:

Comment

• socalfan
                      Old Fogey from Cali
                      • Feb 2003

dolfan your caps lock is on.

Comment

• E-Klips
                        You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by socalfan
                        dolfan your caps lock is on.
                        And his grammar is off....

Originally posted by dolfan
                        I JUST LOVE IT ... I LOVE COMING IN THE BILLS ZONE CAUSE ALL I READ IS BILLS FANS RIPPING APART THEIR TEAM I LOVE IT YOU GUYS ARE THE SAME AS THE TEAM YOU CHEER FOR , WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH BILLS FANS ARE "ALL WAYS" THERE TO RIP EACH OTHER APART LIKE I SAID IT I LOVE IT :fight:

oh, and dolfan:

NEXT TIME YOU MIGHT WANT TO COOL IT WITH THE CAPS LOCK AND TRY TO USE A FEW PERIODS IN YOUR SENTENCES THAT WAY MAYBE YOU DON'T APPEAR TO BE SOME SEVENTH GRADE REJECT FROM DADE COUNTY
                        CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• Winfield_26
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by E-Klips

oh, and dolfan:

NEXT TIME YOU MIGHT WANT TO COOL IT WITH THE CAPS LOCK AND TRY TO USE A FEW PERIODS IN YOUR SENTENCES THAT WAY MAYBE YOU DON'T APPEAR TO BE SOME SEVENTH GRADE REJECT FROM DADE COUNTY

TOO LATE!
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• LarryBoy
                            The world needs a hero!
                            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by E-Klips

oh, and dolfan:

Come on guys...Im betting at 8th grade, he can kinda spell.
                            Bills Rock!

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                              • Mar 2003

Same ol Drew.........
                              I'm lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X