PDA

View Full Version : Positives

jdbillsfan
10-14-2003, 01:54 PM
The Jets game is the first game I haven't been able to watch, so I am guessing that is a good thing. The negatives are way too easy, so I figured I try a shot at the positives.

Here are the positives that I see and what the Bills have going for them. Feel free to chime in.

1 - Bills have talent. Moulds, Henry, Bledsoe, Spikes, Adams, Pat Williams, Fletcher, Milloy, Winfield, Clements etc. can play. They have shown in the past. The people around them for the most part seem like they can or have the potential to be serviceable. Can't have Pro Bowlers at every position.

2 - Wilson pointed out a major factor in why this team isn't playing well. No emotion, no energy etc. If the owner points it out, it seems like something will change..... hopefully. I feel good that Ralph is starting to get more involved.

3 - Reed or Whoever is going to play the 3rd WR spot can't keep dropping balls. There is no way that we will have that many dropped passes as the season goes on.

4 - With all of the mistakes we are making on Defense, Offense Special teams and play calling, we are seeing it early in the season which will hopefully give us time to get it fixed.

5 - Moulds is the man. Even though almost everyone else sucks, he is the man. If we can keep getting him the ball, I think he will keep making big plays. He was a huge factor in us squeaking out the Bengals game.

6 - Drew is still a very good QB. He does need help though. He needs better protection, a running game, fewer dropped passes and fewer offensive penalties. He isn't perfect and a lot of the great QB's probably don't need as much help around him, but if given time he is still deadly.

7 - We have some playmakers on D. Even though it hasn't shown in the past couple weeks, I think Clements, Spikes, Milloy are still capable of big plays.

Finally, we can't be this bad all season. It's got to get better... even though it looks like the bottom now.

Feel free to respond.

jd

stuckincincy
10-14-2003, 02:22 PM
Good post jd.

Drewpac
10-14-2003, 02:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing. We have so much talent. It could just be that the coaching staff is bad enough to turn this group into a poor team.

Marino13Phins
10-14-2003, 02:45 PM
Some other positives are the Dolphins and Pats offense's are both really struggling, so if either team's defense doesn't show up, that is going to cost them the game, and the bills can make up ground.

Also the pats and phins face each other next week, so the bills can pick up some ground on one of them as long as they win.

jdbillsfan
10-14-2003, 02:57 PM
That's true 34.

jdbillsfan
10-14-2003, 02:59 PM
It could be worse. We could be in a Division with the Cheifs or Colts or someone.

helmetguy
10-14-2003, 08:14 PM
#4 looks like a carryover from last year. I'm losing hope that the trend can change, unless there is a change from brain "mistrust" to a brain "trust" in the coaching staff.