• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • muestafa1
    • Apr 2003

McGahee Cleared by Bills to Practice!

McGahee cleared by Bills to Practice!

Via Verizon: "Bills rookie RB Willis McGahee has been cleared by the team doctors to particpate in practice and will do so beginning with Wednesday"
    Last edited by muestafa1; 10-14-2003, 04:20 PM.
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Beat me too it, just heard it on WNSA.

Let the games begin.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

Sweetness, Travis betta show up, or pack up, but they'll both still need a good O-line.....
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Barry Sanders didn't.

I'm not saying McGahee is Sanders........... But......
        "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Hopefully you're rite
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Well if he is cleared to play and practices without problems I say at least give him limited playing time.

"I have full confidence in my knee," McGahee said. "I know what I can do. Nobody knows what I can do but me. I worked so hard on it that it can't help but fall in place for me.

"I know I wasn't ready to go through a game a couple of weeks ago but I feel like I'm getting stronger. I could do a lot more things now than I could do then."

I think he really is ready though, I don't think he would risk another injury if he didn't think he was ready.

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

I don't think that he will see playing time until mid to late November. Yes, he has been passed by doctors to practice, but he is still labled as only 90 - 92 % recovered. No reason to rush him back if he isn't 100%. Also, he is going to need at least 3 weeks of practice before seeing a game. And that's only if he is worth the paper he's printed on. I say he gets a few downs against Houston and his performance will dictate the rest of the season.

Plus Sammy Morris is due back before McGahee will be set to go. this will also hinder his carries.

Comment

• E-Klips
                You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by muestafa1
                McGahee cleared by Bills to Practice!

Via Verizon: "Bills rookie RB Willis McGahee has been cleared by the team doctors to particpate in practice and will do so beginning with Wednesday"

Alright! And with Sammy coming back too, that means we can get Teague and Pucillo outta there finally and get some real blockers in there to...........

wait a minute! They're running backs! Oh well, I guess they can't solve that problem.
                CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• BidsJr
                  • Sep 2002

One thing I did forget was that he only tore 2 ligaments. Not the PCL.

Comment

Working...
                  X