PDA

View Full Version : McGahee Cleared by Bills to Practice!

muestafa1
10-14-2003, 04:15 PM
McGahee cleared by Bills to Practice!

Via Verizon: "Bills rookie RB Willis McGahee has been cleared by the team doctors to particpate in practice and will do so beginning with Wednesday"

BidsJr
10-14-2003, 04:47 PM
Beat me too it, just heard it on WNSA.

Let the games begin.

ShadowHawk7
10-14-2003, 04:48 PM
Sweetness, Travis betta show up, or pack up, but they'll both still need a good O-line.....

BidsJr
10-14-2003, 04:50 PM
Barry Sanders didn't.

I'm not saying McGahee is Sanders........... But......

ShadowHawk7
10-14-2003, 05:02 PM
Hopefully you're rite

The Spaz
10-14-2003, 05:28 PM
Well if he is cleared to play and practices without problems I say at least give him limited playing time.

"I have full confidence in my knee," McGahee said. "I know what I can do. Nobody knows what I can do but me. I worked so hard on it that it can't help but fall in place for me.

"I know I wasn't ready to go through a game a couple of weeks ago but I feel like I'm getting stronger. I could do a lot more things now than I could do then."

I think he really is ready though, I don't think he would risk another injury if he didn't think he was ready.

RedEyE
10-14-2003, 05:34 PM
I don't think that he will see playing time until mid to late November. Yes, he has been passed by doctors to practice, but he is still labled as only 90 - 92 % recovered. No reason to rush him back if he isn't 100%. Also, he is going to need at least 3 weeks of practice before seeing a game. And that's only if he is worth the paper he's printed on. I say he gets a few downs against Houston and his performance will dictate the rest of the season.

Plus Sammy Morris is due back before McGahee will be set to go. this will also hinder his carries.

E-Klips
10-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by muestafa1
McGahee cleared by Bills to Practice!

Via Verizon: "Bills rookie RB Willis McGahee has been cleared by the team doctors to particpate in practice and will do so beginning with Wednesday"

Alright! And with Sammy coming back too, that means we can get Teague and Pucillo outta there finally and get some real blockers in there to...........

wait a minute! They're running backs! Oh well, I guess they can't solve that problem.

BidsJr
10-14-2003, 05:40 PM
One thing I did forget was that he only tore 2 ligaments. Not the PCL.