PDA

View Full Version : Something to think about

The_Philster
10-14-2003, 07:25 PM
This will be the fifth year since we got the new deal finalized on the Ralph which means the team could pull up stakes now whenever it wants.
The bigger concern for the moment is the luxury box leases. Most are 5-year leases that are up at the end of this season. We're caught between a rock and a hard place right now. Do we fire the coach and make it appear we have given up on the season or do we stick with the current staff which really seems about the same thing?

helmetguy
10-14-2003, 07:41 PM
I know exactly what you're implying. That's one more reason we have to make the change SOON! RW has to show the community (and the fan base in particular) that he is committed to winning. Accepting the staus quo would most certainly discourage prospective seat/suite buyers from making the financial commitment. Excellent point!

(DAMN! That's TWO in one night! I AM SO DAMNED PROUD!!!)

The_Philster
10-14-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Excellent point!

(DAMN! That's TWO in one night! I AM SO DAMNED PROUD!!!)

:bravo:

The_Philster
10-30-2003, 03:59 PM
budda-bump

With the way that Donahoe has practically told us that it's Williams or nothing this season, do you think he's given up on the season?...and maybe more?

stuckincincy
10-30-2003, 04:18 PM
You raise a VERY big spectre. When RW passed on, will other, bigger TV markets hold sway towards a franchise move, since media receipts are shared.?

The_Philster
10-30-2003, 04:33 PM
The big thing is, we need the boxes renewed to put a stronger hold on keeping the team here. My company, Bush Industries, has apparently decided not to renew theirs :down: ...though I think it's more because of the company's struggles since early 2001 than because of the team.

Miami_Vice
10-30-2003, 05:28 PM
the LA Bills LOL

The Spaz
10-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Miami_Vice
the LA Bills LOL

:moon: :madshake: :shelby:

Miami_Vice
10-30-2003, 05:40 PM
sensitive Bills fan LOL