X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SamAdamsFan
    • Jun 2003

3 byes, 3 losses

One positive is that all three losses came against teams who came off a bye week. That is no excuse, but still, I think statistically a fresh team with twice as long to game plan wins the vast majority of the time no matter who they play. In the playoffs, the teams with the bye weeks win most of the games. Now playing just one fresh team isn't too bad, but when 3 out of the last 4 teams had fresh legs and just had a vacation with tons of time to game plan, I can see the Bills being physically exhausted, even against the measly Jets. We'll see, I know the next 3 games are against teams not coming off of a bye week, so time will tell if we recover and this has something to do with the flat performances where it looks like we don't see what's coming. With every team getting 8 home games, 8 away games and 1 bye week, the schedulers should require that everyone only has to play 2 games total against teams coming off a bye week, it would only be fair and would help to not skew results of the games. Does anyone have win\loss stats after bye weeks?
    "'I get to come off the pill (the football) and destroy everything I touch,' Adams said Monday, a day after agreeing to a four-year contract. 'That's what I've got to do, come off the pill, seek and destroy. The last time I checked, I hadn't seen many guys who can do it better. In fact, I haven't seen any.' He has a point." - The Buffalo News
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Miami was going onto a bye week.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• SamAdamsFan
      • Jun 2003

Oh, that's right. I guess in all the misery of these last losses I was grasping for reasons. Thanks for the info. Oh well, I guess the truth is getting tough to bear. At least we are 3 and 3, I hope they start putting everything back together soon.
      "'I get to come off the pill (the football) and destroy everything I touch,' Adams said Monday, a day after agreeing to a four-year contract. 'That's what I've got to do, come off the pill, seek and destroy. The last time I checked, I hadn't seen many guys who can do it better. In fact, I haven't seen any.' He has a point." - The Buffalo News

Comment

Working...
      X