PDA

View Full Version : Why do I get the feeling...

lordofgun
10-15-2003, 08:48 AM
That we're going to blow out the Redskins.

I'm all for this happening, but that means GW is back in the good graces if we do.

I just get the feeling we'll be 8-8 or 7-9...win one week and lose the next. It will be just enough to keep GW here.

SABURZFAN
10-15-2003, 08:49 AM
:scared:

you're scaring me.

Pride
10-15-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

I'm all for this happening, but that means GW is back in the good graces if we do.

I just get the feeling we'll be 8-8 or 7-9...win one week and lose the next. It will be just enough to keep GW here.

I have been struggling with this since the cincy game.

On one hand, I want the team to turn it around and kick ass the rest of the season.. Any bills fan wants this.

However, at what cost? If the bills run out the rest of the season, and go 13-3, but lose in the first round of the playoffs, and we keep GW and KG, is it really worth it?

The only thing that will make me change my mind about GW is getting to the SB. We dont have to win it, but if we represent the AFC, I will be happy to keep GW. Although this will NEVER happen.

fabolouspaul
10-15-2003, 09:19 AM

Just like last year. Win 1, lose 1, win 3, lose 3, win 1, lose 1

justasportsfan
10-15-2003, 09:26 AM
I get the feeling we will too. But it's because the players have had it and are going to take matters in their own hands, not because of coaching.

It will be interesting to see what kind of O we will run if the weather is bad.

The_Philster
10-15-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
I get the feeling we will too. But it's because the players have had it and are going to take matters in their own hands, not because of coaching.

I'm thinking the same thing. The players have been literally embarassed by their play the last few weeks and were pissed off after the Jets loss. Meanwhile, all GW can do is say "We have to get better in those areas."

XNOUGHT
10-15-2003, 03:21 PM
Who out there is better for this team then Gregg Williams????

The_Philster
10-15-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by XNOUGHT

The question really is...who isn't?

baalworship
10-15-2003, 04:51 PM
I agree. Even the Cardinals play a good game now and then

HenryRules
10-15-2003, 04:54 PM

Why can no one ever answer this question with the name of a coach who is available?

socalfan
10-15-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
...... But it's because the players have had it and are going to take matters in their own hands, not because of coaching.

There is no way that the players can take matters into their own hands. You get into a huddle and the play is called, there is no discussion. There is no debate. There is no vote. Drew may change up at the line, but that is hardly the same thing as players taking matters into their own hands.

Historian
10-15-2003, 05:53 PM

Ive had the same feeling this week. Their manhood has been challenged.

Win or not, I think Dozer is right. Gregg is gone at the bye, especially if we lose the next two.

TigerJ
10-15-2003, 06:00 PM
I have no feeling about Sunday. I'm not convinced that 8-8 would be enough to save GW's job. It's not enough to make me happy. If, however, Buffalo goes on to win 7 or more of their remaining games and wins at least one playoff game, I don't mind him not being fired. That would constitute an improvement over last year. At this point I would be a little surprised at that happening.

Billzz
10-15-2003, 08:21 PM
My prediction has always been and will remain 9-7 with us being a wild card. We only got enough talent to improve 1 game over last year, but who knows for sure. The season may be a bust and we very well may just drop every game for the rest of the year hoping for a high draft pick to get the linemen we need:)

The_Philster
10-15-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by HenryRules
Why can no one ever answer this question with the name of a coach who is available?

Tom Coughlin keeps getting mentioned. Do you keep missing that?

Halbert
10-15-2003, 09:03 PM

Because I predicted it, silly.

The_Philster
10-15-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Halbert
Because I predicted it, silly.

:lol:

WG
10-15-2003, 09:35 PM
Is this a trick question?

:D

XNOUGHT
10-15-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

Is this a trick question?

:D

Seriously, WHO OUT THERE WOULD IMPROVE THE TEAM THIS YEAR?!!?!?

Your stuck with Gregg until the offseason.

Just accept it, move on, and root for the Bills till the day you die.

Your going through a bad patch, you'll get out of it.

HenryRules
10-16-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Tom Coughlin keeps getting mentioned. Do you keep missing that?

Coughlin wants complete control in any situation that he goes to (like he had in Jax).

TD would have to go if Coughlin were to come here.

Is that what you are proposing? Or am I mistaken about Coughlin?

ryven
10-16-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I have no feeling about Sunday. I'm not convinced that 8-8 would be enough to save GW's job. It's not enough to make me happy. If, however, Buffalo goes on to win 7 or more of their remaining games and wins at least one playoff game, I don't mind him not being fired. That would constitute an improvement over last year. At this point I would be a little surprised at that happening.

I agree but with on exception even if we make it Into the playoffs and win at least one playoff game we still get rid of KG because IMO GW lets his coordinators have alot if not all the say in what plays will be called. So if they get a new OC in the problem might actually get fixed and we could probably either get rid of or move jerry gray and give Leabue the DC position.

:gobills:

askabry
10-16-2003, 08:43 AM
Who better than Williams?

Interim coaches sometimes surprise you. Mike Tice certainly seems to be on his way in Minnesota. And what makes you believe the magical candidate will appear from nowhere in February?

The last time we made a change mid-season we got a special teams coach that was unemployed. He turned out okay, although the season he was hired pretty much sucked.

You might remember him as Marv Levy.

HenryRules
10-16-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by askabry
Who better than Williams?

Interim coaches sometimes surprise you. Mike Tice certainly seems to be on his way in Minnesota. And what makes you believe the magical candidate will appear from nowhere in February?

The last time we made a change mid-season we got a special teams coach that was unemployed. He turned out okay, although the season he was hired pretty much sucked.

You might remember him as Marv Levy.

Askabry ... i agree with you (stated previously) that changing coaches will effectively end our hopes of making the playoffs. I'd prefer to wait until we are disqualified mathematically from the playoffs before making that decision however.

If we are ever eliminated from the playoffs, then I say fire Gregg immediately.

What I'm asking is, to those that think that firing Gregg will immediately improve the team, who will you replace him with that will immediately improve the team?
I don't think anyone that is available will improve the team this year, only possibly for next year ... and as I'm not in love with any candidates avaiable right now, I'd rather wait 'til the end of the season (which I consider to be when a team is eliminated from the playoffs) to hire an interim and then after the season to see if anyone becomes available or to at least be able to interview people at the collegiate/assistant levels in the pros.

XNOUGHT
10-16-2003, 09:59 AM
The second you guys are out of playoff contention, if it comes to that, stuff Gregg into a box and throw him off the Niagra Falls.

Then hire Jim Mora

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2003, 10:10 AM
If Harvey Johnson was still alive, Ralph would have made him coach this week.

BuffaloRanger
10-16-2003, 11:10 AM
Wow, I was just about to say Mora. I already did in another thread. He gives great interviews. Remember how fired up he gets? "Crap, that's Crap!!"

Maybe the reason why teams that change their coaches mid-season never make the playoffs is because they wait till their 1-5 or mathmatically eliminated. Hmmm.

BAM
10-16-2003, 11:53 AM
Why do I get the feeling...

I have that feeling too for some reason.
Wrote a song about it, like ta hear it? Here it goes...

:clap:

lordofgun
10-20-2003, 09:31 AM
Told ya. :D

justasportsfan
10-20-2003, 09:38 AM
We'll see what kind of a coach he is against Kansas. The deadskins missing tackles and blocks made our coaches look good.

RedEyE
10-20-2003, 09:40 AM

You should feel yourself a little more often :fab:

Halbert
10-21-2003, 12:34 AM
I told you first. :awm: