X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Statman
    • Oct 2003

Statman says

Statman says that out of 48 non-touchdown producing drives this season that 47 of them have ended on designed passing plays.
    Facts speak louder than opinions
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Statman posts in the third person.

How gay is that ?

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Statman
      Statman says that out of 48 non-touchdown producing drives this season that 47 of them have ended on designed passing plays.
      Very interesting, doesnt show the whole situation, but still an interesting fact.

Hell, on 3rd and 1, we throw the ball, no wonder this number is this high

Comment

• The Spaz
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Ð

How gay is that ?
        But statman says......

Comment

• Wys Guy
          Drew and Sam stole all my hair
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ð

How gay is that ?
          Originally posted by The Spaz

But statman says......
          Great counterpoints to his statements fellas.

Nice to be able to see a thread where there's an ingelligent, rational, well-thought-out point/counterpoint approach to something in particular.

Spaz, you didn't forget to eat your Bledsoe Bits for breakfast this morning, did ya?

And some still wonder why I don't post anything with any football content anymore. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
          Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
            • Jul 2002

OOPS!!!

Almost forgot...

HEIL Bledsoe!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy

Nice to be able to see a thread where there's an ingelligent, rational, well-thought-out point/counterpoint approach to something in particular.

Spaz, you didn't forget to eat your Bledsoe Bits for breakfast this morning, did ya?

And some still wonder why I don't post anything with any football content anymore. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
              I can care less about stats wys so that's why I can give 2 ****s what kind of grabage you post. You haven't posted that's great why break the trend?

Comment

• Wys Guy
                • Jul 2002

LMAO...

Ahhh yes, reeling in the good posters I see...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Bledsoe Bits..........
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

OOPS!!!

Almost forgot...

HEIL Bledsoe!!!
                    I guess rooting for your QB through his struggles is verboten?

Hey statman, what is the NFL average? Stats can tell you anytrhing you want them to. Without a statistical "control" sample, they are useless.

Did you know, that teams trailing by 7 point s or less, with control of the ball, end the game on a pass play 99% of the time?

Interesting

Comment

• E-Klips
                      You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
                      • Oct 2003

I know from your articles and your posts that you do watch the games fairly well, so you see that we have a laundry list of ailments at the present time. That said, I'm wondering why you waste so much of your time and energy attacking one of the problems?
                      CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• askabry
                        • Jul 2002

Looks to me like that's a captain obvious observation.

I painfully watched 35 minutes of the game over again last night, rewinding and replaying every play at least two or three times. (I couldn't take anymore than that...)

I saw a QB that time and again played pitch and catch against a seven man secondary laying low for the short passes ... and succeeding against the odds.

And on each play, as the game progressed you could literally see the protection falling apart as if it were a dam getting ready to break. Bledsoe clearly knew it and found himself releasing on patterns specifically to compensate for it.

I enjoy statistics, especially when I'm looking at individual sports like baseball. Football doesn't translate as well because it's a team game where only very occasionally a player can extend his power over the outcome.

Bledsoe and the Bills certainly had the statistical advantage at halftime on Sunday, but if you really, closely looked at the game it was clear we were never really in the game. Stats couldn't show that.
                        what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                        • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                        • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                        • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                        • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                        • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• Ð
                          1-800-SAD-GOAT
                          • Jul 2002

Captain obvious, no doubt. What statman fails to mention is was it third and inches or third & 52 ? (or fourth and...)

But I guess if he wants to be a knob and "sabremetricize" football, that's his right. We also have the right to laugh our asses off at him.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

Realistically we all know that stats in football are an almost complete non-indicator of what really goes on. They're interesting to look at but you must always take them with a grain of salt. Sacks, rushing yards, passing yards, completions and everything else have to do with the team and not one person. There are so many variables involved in sports statistics that they cannot be used as valid basis for an argument. I think Bledsoe played poorly Sunday overall even if he didn't have drops. But he was 58% had the 4 dropped balls not happen he'd have been 68% which, statistically, is very good. We all watched the game and we know that even if he was 68% (which he rightfully should've been) he still didn't have a good game. On the other hand there were games that I thought he played well but had low completion %'s thanks to 4 drops here, 6 drops there, etc.. We really need to look at the whole game, not just Monday's box score. I stand by my theory of poor overall playcalling being the main reason we're not good right now. Add to that the fact that the players are flat out underachieving and you've got a recipe for disaster.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              Hey statman, what is the NFL average? Stats can tell you anytrhing you want them to. Without a statistical "control" sample, they are useless.

Did you know, that teams trailing by 7 point s or less, with control of the ball, end the game on a pass play 99% of the time?

Interesting
                              So speaking for myself, you're suggesting that for other teams then 98% (~ 47 of 48)of all their drives where they don't put the ball into the endzone is normal?

Gosh, ya think...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X