PDA

View Full Version : How 'Bout THE Ohio State University?

E-Klips
10-15-2003, 09:18 AM
What a team!

Thug Makes An Apology For Barbaric Actions (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2003-10-14-bad-player-behavior_x.htm)

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 01:48 PM
I don't agree with the one game suspension. That was a blatent attempt to take the Wisconson QB out. He should be out 2-4 games and sent to anger management class.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 01:50 PM
His scholarship should be revoked and suspended for the year. Question is not what this guy did worse than what Maurice Clarett did total hypocrisy by The Ohio State University and i like the buckeyes

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 01:51 PM
the same goes for that kid at nebraska he should be suspended for the year and have his scholarship revoked

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 01:54 PM
A Nebraska player also stands accused of punching a Missouri fan after their loss last weekend in Columbia, Missouri. Yes it's clear Kellan Huston decked the guy, but what's not yet known is if Huston was provoked by the fan or if he just punched his lights out. Huston also got a one game suspension, and quite frankly I think he should sit out at least 2 for his action.

As I tried to point out on a Colorado Buffalo board, it was definitely a bad thing for Huston to do and I don't condone it. When you're in Uniform you are elevated to a higher level than the average joe shmoe. You have pride and respect for your school when you're in uniform, you shouldn't pull that kind of stuff against another player or a fan -- no matter what school you play for.

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Emotions got the best of the two kids.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Kat in da Hat
A Nebraska player also stands accused of punching a Missouri fan after their loss last weekend in Columbia, Missouri. Yes it's clear Kellan Huston decked the guy, but what's not yet known is if Huston was provoked by the fan or if he just punched his lights out. Huston also got a one game suspension, and quite frankly I think he should sit out at least 2 for his action.

As I tried to point out on a Colorado Buffalo board, it was definitely a bad thing for Huston to do and I don't condone it. When you're in Uniform you are elevated to a higher level than the average joe shmoe. You have pride and respect for your school when you're in uniform, you shouldn't pull that kind of stuff against another player or a fan -- no matter what school you play for.

There is no excuse for that kids actions, you lost, act with dignity not like a sore loser. He blatanly decked the guy. Let him pay his own way to school and he can play on the team next year but let him pay his own way to school

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:00 PM
Emotions run high in these kids. Emotional levels that some of us sitting here, judging them, can’t fathom.

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
the same goes for that kid at nebraska he should be suspended for the year and have his scholarship revoked

For punching a fan? First of all we don't have all the facts yet. It's quite possible the fan provoked him or possibly took a swing at him and Huston acted in self defense.

This incident between OSU/Wisconson was a blatent unprevoked act of brutality. He was trying to hurt the Wisconson QB so he couldn't call the count or the plays.

I don't think either one of these men should have their scholarships revoked. Suspension from at least 2 games and some sort of anger management or counseling may be enough. In Huston's case, if he is guilty of an unprovoked attack then the law will mete out his punishment. The NCAA will most likely investigate both incidents and take what ever action/discipline they deem appropriate.

But to take away scholarships? No that's not the answer. I mean heck if we did that in college football, maybe the MLB should kick Pedro Martinez out of the league for assulting the Yankees manager this weekend.

That's just a little too extreme.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Emotions run high in these kids. Emotional levels that some of us sitting here, judging them, can’t fathom.

Let them play next year if they stay in school and pay their own way to school. What they did on the field is not acceptable and they need to be made accountable for their actions. It is funny how Maurice Clarett is made responsible for his actions ( something many people would do, exagerate an insurance claim) but these kids are given a slap on the wrist for behavior that is totally not acceptable and would be charged with assault if not on the football field. They both need to be in anger management classes.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:07 PM
Pedro was defending himself and he should be fined by MLB at least $100,000. what was Pedro supposed to do ????? Let Zimmer punch him in the face ?????? What would you have done ????

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:09 PM

There is no excuse for that kids actions, you lost, act with dignity not like a sore loser. He blatanly decked the guy. Let him pay his own way to school and he can play on the team next year but let him pay his own way to school

We don't know if he blatently decked the guy... yet. I've seen the footage and yes clearly Huston did hit him. We don't know yet what the circumstances for the hit were. It's not our job to be judge, jury, and executioner. Let the NCAA, and local law enforcement handle it.

I mean good grief, you're putting Huston right up there with a player that might be dealing drugs, or beat the crap out of his girlfriend, or raped someone at a party. Those three instances are definitely ones where a scholie should be revoked and/or a person dismissed from the school. And I see you've already forgotten about the OSU/Wisconson incident because this is Nebraska we're talking about, the school the freaking media loves to hate. So again I ask you if we're going to pull scholies for sucker punches, should we kick someone like Pedro Martinez out of the MLB for assulting a manager?

Good grief, what next? Fart the wrong way and you get a five game suspension?

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:10 PM
Pedro was defending himself and he should be fined by MLB at least $100,000. what was Pedro supposed to do ????? Let Zimmer punch him in the face ?????? What would you have done ????

So you're setting a double standard. Take a scholie away from a player who MAY have been defending himself from a drunken a$$?

(and I say MAY because we don't have all the facts yet. Yes Huston is clearly shown hitting the guy, but was it provoked? WE DON'T KNOW YET! --So don't be so quick to judge)

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:11 PM

I totally agree with you. It's just that some people won't wait for all the facts to be known before rushing to be the judge jury and executioner.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:12 PM
I feel the kid at OSU should also get the same punishment take away the scholarship and suspend for remainder of the year. Did the fan deserve to be decked if he said yea we beat you???? Did the wisc. qb deserved to be choked cause he said Buckeyes suck???? Fans and opponents taunt each other all the time it does not mean they deserve to be blatanly attacked and assaulted teach these kids a lesson so this stops and doesnt happen again

The Spaz
10-15-2003, 02:13 PM
From what I saw of the video clip the kid was looking past the football player lookign for someone and the football player decked him for nio apparent reason. I know emotions run high on the field of play but you have to have self control!

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Just because you are an obvious Nebraska fan put your emotions aside and look at it this way what if it was an Oklahoma player that did that to a Nebraska fan???/ how would you feel then??

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
From what I saw of the video clip the kid was looking past the football player lookign for someone and the football player decked him for nio apparent reason. I know emotions run high on the field of play but you have to have self control!

He was taunting the player. It was pretty obvious.

The Spaz
10-15-2003, 02:15 PM

I'll hav eto see it again but my initial reaction was not that.:nbf:

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:16 PM

If the Bills beat the Dolphins and you run on the field and taunt Rickey williams does he have the right to punch you in the face ?????

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:20 PM
I am not saying to throw these kids in jail. They are probably eligble for financial aide and school loans. Let them play next year. Suspending for one game is a slap on the wrist. Does nothing to a college player. Warren Sapp got fined $ 50,000 for bumping an official. The NFL is sending a message calm down they don't want that type of violence in their league and will hit the players where it hurts their pocketbook. What would hurt a college player . pay your own way everyone else has to why not you????

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:23 PM
If the Bills beat the Dolphins and you run on the field and taunt Rickey williams does he have the right to punch you in the face ?????

Yes.

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I'll hav eto see it again but my initial reaction was not that.:nbf:

I think the student's clear intent was to maliciously injury the player’s hand using his face as a weapon.

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:24 PM
I feel the kid at OSU should also get the same punishment take away the scholarship and suspend for remainder of the year. Did the fan deserve to be decked if he said yea we beat you???? Did the wisc. qb deserved to be choked cause he said Buckeyes suck???? Fans and opponents taunt each other all the time it does not mean they deserve to be blatanly attacked and assaulted teach these kids a lesson so this stops and doesnt happen again

I do see your point in this post, but consider for a moment. What if fan was taking a swing at Huston? Shouldn't he also be charged with assult and have his season tickets revoked (just a scenario, still waiting on all facts)?

No matter what the final circumstances are that surrounded this incident, NO Huston should not have punched the guy. Will he or the OSU guy get their scholie's pulled? Not unless you work for the NCAA.

We can coulda, woulda, shoulda this until the cows come home. Suffice it to say, both were ugly incidents, both need to be investigated by the NCAA, the NCAA should mete out whatever action/discipline they deem fit. But they're not going to force either school to pull the scholies from either player. College Football is big business unfortunately. Also unfortunately, players are always poking and pinching and pushing after the plays are over. And I'm sure Nebraska is not the only school that has had an incident where a player punched or struck a fan.

Bottom line: It's ugly, and there isn't a whole lot we fans can do about it.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:26 PM

Yes.

Well in your warped view of society and the world, to answer yes, then the player was in his right. I have one suggestion for you and those players, seek professional help IMMEDIATELY and stay away from contact with anyone in society until you get that help.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:27 PM

I do see your point in this post, but consider for a moment. What if fan was taking a swing at Huston? Shouldn't he also be charged with assult and have his season tickets revoked (just a scenario, still waiting on all facts)?

No matter what the final circumstances are that surrounded this incident, NO Huston should not have punched the guy. Will he or the OSU guy get their scholie's pulled? Not unless you work for the NCAA.

We can coulda, woulda, shoulda this until the cows come home. Suffice it to say, both were ugly incidents, both need to be investigated by the NCAA, the NCAA should mete out whatever action/discipline they deem fit. But they're not going to force either school to pull the scholies from either player. College Football is big business unfortunately. Also unfortunately, players are always poking and pinching and pushing after the plays are over. And I'm sure Nebraska is not the only school that has had an incident where a player punched or struck a fan.

Bottom line: It's ugly, and there isn't a whole lot we fans can do about it.

If the fan swung first then take his season tickets away, if he is on scholarship take it away, if he just spoke some words there is no excuse for the players actions.

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:29 PM
Well in your warped view of society and the world, to answer yes, then the player was in his right. I have one suggestion for you and those players, seek professional help IMMEDIATELY and stay away from contact with anyone in society until you get that help.

Well I guess I won't be taking any of your suggestions seriously.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:31 PM

Yes.

I seriously hope you are joking.

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:32 PM
Just because you are an obvious Nebraska fan put your emotions aside and look at it this way what if it was an Oklahoma player that did that to a Nebraska fan???/ how would you feel then??

If an Oklahoma player did that to a Husker fan, I wouldn't condone it; just like I don't condone what Huston did to this Missouri fan. I for one would wait for all the facts to come out before I rush to judgement. If the Oklahoma player was unprovoked, let the authorities and NCAA handle it after a thorough investigation. If it was provoked, again the player should be investigated to get all the facts, as well as the person who provoked him.

I'm still waiting for the facts on this. If Huston was unprovoked-- fine he should be punished by the LAW, not by the University or the fans.

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:34 PM
I am not saying to throw these kids in jail. They are probably eligble for financial aide and school loans. Let them play next year. Suspending for one game is a slap on the wrist. Does nothing to a college player. Warren Sapp got fined $ 50,000 for bumping an official. The NFL is sending a message calm down they don't want that type of violence in their league and will hit the players where it hurts their pocketbook. What would hurt a college player . pay your own way everyone else has to why not you????

If the NCAA made all schools pull scholies for all the players the screw up like the OSU and NU guys did, there wouldn't be college football.

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:34 PM
I seriously hope you are joking.

If I ran on the field? No. I would EXPECT and DESERVE to get popped.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:35 PM

If an Oklahoma player did that to a Husker fan, I wouldn't condone it; just like I don't condone what Huston did to this Missouri fan. I for one would wait for all the facts to come out before I rush to judgement. If the Oklahoma player was unprovoked, let the authorities and NCAA handle it after a thorough investigation. If it was provoked, again the player should be investigated to get all the facts, as well as the person who provoked him.

I'm still waiting for the facts on this. If Huston was unprovoked-- fine he should be punished by the LAW, not by the University or the fans.
Taunting trash talk is not proper cause to get decked by another individual.

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:36 PM

Lemme guess... You were in band?

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:37 PM

If the NCAA made all schools pull scholies for all the players the screw up like the OSU and NU guys did, there wouldn't be college football.

The schools should step up and pull the scholarshipss not the NCAA police your own players

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:39 PM

Lemme guess... You were in band?

Wrong!! And you should expect to get decked by security but not by a player. I have played football and trash talk happens and gets personal but you do not cross the line and assault someone you just beat them on the field

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:41 PM

If the fan swung first then take his season tickets away, if he is on scholarship take it away, if he just spoke some words there is no excuse for the players actions.

So if you were a football player and you farted on a fan should we not excuse your action and take your scholie away?

Look I'm not trying to piss you off, you're pretty passionate about this and that's good. Most fans just finger point and name call.

I totally, 1,000,00% agree with you that the players actions (NU and OSU) were terrible. They both put a black eye on their schools. But the NCAA is not going to force either university to take away the scholarships. Nor will either school grow a big enough nut sack to pull the scholarships on their own. College football is a business, plain and simple. If you pull a scholie you can guarantee a lot of other fans who don't agree with you are going to put out a hit on you and demand you head on a pike.

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:43 PM

Duh! How many times have I already agreed with you on this point?

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Farting and decking a fan are totally two seperate actions. One is assault the other is just really like trash talking i guess cant imagine seeing a player farting on a fan

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:44 PM
Wrong!! And you should expect to get decked by security but not by a player. I have played football and trash talk happens and gets personal but you do not cross the line and assault someone you just beat them on the field

Video game football doesn't count.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:45 PM
The reason i say they should be suspended for the year is more based on the treatment Maurice Clarett, and punishment, for a much less serious and less brutal act. Just seems like a double standard to me and very curious.

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Farting and decking a fan are totally two seperate actions. One is assault the other is just really like trash talking i guess cant imagine seeing a player farting on a fan

Well no kidding sherlock. I know that. My point is (which you seem to be MISSING): player should not assult fans or other players or coaches or refs. PERIOD. I've agreed with you on this point through several posts.

What I am trying to get across to you is that no one will listen to you or to me about taking these players scholarships away. College football is nothing more than a business. No university is going to take a scholie away from a player for ruffing up another player or a fan. It sucks, but that's life. I don't like it but there is damn little I can do about it.

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:47 PM

Video game football doesn't count.
I am just going to take this as gentle jesting touche' I guess we can agree to disagree and there is no proving what either of our backgrounds are

If we cant agree on that part we can agree on this

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 02:49 PM
The reason i say they should be suspended for the year is more based on the treatment Maurice Clarett, and punishment, for a much less serious and less brutal act. Just seems like a double standard to me and very curious.

Yup again I agree with your point on this. but it's just not going to happen. Lawerence Philips from NU was suspended practically until the Fiesta Bowl in 1996 after he beat up his girlfriend the night the Huskers beat Michigan state. Did they yank his scholie? Nope. Should he have been allowed to play at the end of the season? Absolutely not. but we fans simply have no control over the whims of the universities, and the NCAA.

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 02:50 PM
I am just going to take this as gentle jesting touche' I guess we can agree to disagree and there is no proving what either of our backgrounds are

If we cant agree on that part we can agree on this

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

I'm pulling you leg man. I'm in a wise ass mood. :D

Go Bills!

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Well this has been a good discussion and I think we all agree in the end that the NCAA is really professional minor leauge football and they basically let their players get away with whatever and not pay players but they make billions of dollars by using these kids for slave labor and do not really care about their future

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 02:53 PM

lol

I'm pulling you leg man. I'm in a wise ass mood. :D

Go Bills!

Glad i'm not the sensitive type and can take a joke

LOL

:fish:

Go BILLS

Kat in da Hat
10-15-2003, 03:30 PM
Well this has been a good discussion and I think we all agree in the end that the NCAA is really professional minor leauge football and they basically let their players get away with whatever and not pay players but they make billions of dollars by using these kids for slave labor and do not really care about their future

I agree, this was a great discussion. :D NCAA and the Universities are pretty much both in the same boat, and I doubt it will change anytime soon.

Thanks again for the sparring match. :D

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 03:36 PM

:fish:

Go BILLS

Does this mean you condone violence against the Fins? :D

L.A. Playa
10-15-2003, 03:37 PM
I condone the bills to physically dominate the dolphins

The_Philster
10-15-2003, 04:12 PM