PDA

View Full Version : More Evidence Of The Decline Of MNF

E-Klips
10-15-2003, 09:27 AM
They let a baseball game being broadcast on FOX beat them in the ratings? Way to go, MNF. Man, they suck now.

LCS Game Beats MNF In Ratings! (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/martzke/2003-10-14-martzke_x.htm)

LtBillsFan66
10-15-2003, 09:32 AM
The football game was a blowout!

Dozerdog
10-15-2003, 09:32 AM
Let's see-

The Rams, with a backup QB, Backup RB, beat into the ground a hapless and Mike Vick-less Falcon team 36-0, and they lost out to the Biggest rivalry in pro sports, Yanks/Sox, coming off a bench clearing brawl, with the ever-so-unpredictable knuckleballer on the mound holding a 1 run lead?

Ya, Klippper- I can't understand it either......:idunno:

Billsouth
10-15-2003, 09:34 AM
ditto dozers comments here.

E-Klips
10-15-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Let's see-

The Rams, with a backup QB, Backup RB, beat into the ground a hapless and Mike Vick-less Falcon team 36-0, and they lost out to the Biggest rivalry in pro sports, Yanks/Sox, coming off a bench clearing brawl, with the ever-so-unpredictable knuckleballer on the mound holding a 1 run lead?

Ya, Klippper- I can't understand it either......:idunno:

Wow, I had no idea that baseball played so many games for so long! I mean, MNF's ratings have been down for the past few seasons, even past the World Series, and the explanation is one LCS game? Amazing. I never said I didn't understand it dozer, so don't put words in my mouth okay? The decline in the ratings for the past few seasons cannot be blamed on one baseball game, genius.

Originally posted by Billsouth
ditto dozers comments here.

ditto for you

lordofgun
10-15-2003, 09:49 AM
I like MNF.

John Madden and Lisa Guerrero make it almost unbearable to listen to, though.

E-Klips
10-15-2003, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
I like MNF.

John Madden and Lisa Guerrero make it almost unbearable to listen to, though.

I tried to watch their Thursday season opener, but Guerrero was just plain awful. Madden is way too annoying enough, now you add her to the mix? They'd be better off with a 3-man team in the booth of OJ, Eric Dickerson, and Ronnie Lott!

The Spaz
10-15-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by E-Klips

I tried to watch their Thursday season opener, but Guerrero was just plain awful. Madden is way too annoying enough, now you add her to the mix? They'd be better off with a 3-man team in the booth of OJ, Eric Dickerson, and Ronnie Lott!

Sad but true!:eek: :down:

DraftBoy
10-15-2003, 10:59 AM
Id liked Dennis Miller, even though most didnt, would be intresting to see him and Rush in the booth with Madden. hehe! I would like to see the Sunday night team take over MNF with the exception of patrick and keep Micheals. Theisman and Maguire arent bad, and quite entertaining.

stuckincincy
10-15-2003, 11:03 AM
I think Theismannn and Maguire have degenerated into self-congratulatory as*ses. My 2 cents.

E-Klips
10-15-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
Id liked Dennis Miller, even though most didnt, would be intresting to see him and Rush in the booth with Madden. hehe! I would like to see the Sunday night team take over MNF with the exception of patrick and keep Micheals. Theisman and Maguire arent bad, and quite entertaining.

Dennis Miller was an acquired taste. He was entertaining, but maybe not right for the MNF crowd. He's not missing anything; MNF sucks!! Yeah, I like the Sunday night team a million times better than MNF's inept bunch. I like Mike Patrick though. Michaels is good, but tends to get full of himself quite a bit.

Originally posted by stuckincincy
I think Theismannn and Maguire have degenerated into self-congratulatory as*ses. My 2 cents.

Personally, I love the interaction between Theisman and Maguire. It's almost as good as what Maguire and Phil Simms had when they were both on NBC. Funny now, because Simms is always the one who's busting chops on there now, when he used to get abused all the time by Maguire back in the day.

ArcticWildMan
10-15-2003, 01:05 PM
Get rid of Madden. If a player makes a play, Madden suddenly proclaims him the best player in the league. Send the windbag back to CBS with Pat Somerall.

HenryRules
10-15-2003, 01:06 PM
The announcers have very little to do with my enjoyment of a football game and I think this goes for most people. I normally watch football at a bar or with friends and rarely listen to the audio, as we are normally talking.

My problem with MNF and a lot of the other telecasts, is that the networks seem to think I watch football like a horny 15-year old boy. If I wanted to look at a mindless (in a football sense at least), attractive woman, I'd get a subscription to Playboy TV. Instead of giving me some waste of time coverage so that the hot-girl can speak, why not cut to replays (multiple replay angles after the play instead of showing steady replays of the same angle for the same play).

Now, half-time during the game ... that's when you can bring on the mindless, attractive women.

E-Klips
10-15-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Get rid of Madden. If a player makes a play, Madden suddenly proclaims him the best player in the league. Send the windbag back to CBS with Pat Somerall.

Ugh! The last thing I'd want to hear during a game would be both Madman and Some-R-drunk babbling on.

Gunzlingr
10-15-2003, 01:59 PM
Baseball sucks, almost as bad as Madden. Next you will see Madden, Mean Gene Okerlund, and Bobby the Brain Heenan in the booth with Pam Anderson and Jenny McCarthy roaming the sidelines in thong bikinis. :shakeno:

E-Klips
10-15-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr
Baseball sucks, almost as bad as Madden. Next you will see Madden, Mean Gene Okerlund, and Bobby the Brain Heenan in the booth with Pam Anderson and Jenny McCarthy roaming the sidelines in thong bikinis. :shakeno:

Lemme tell ya somethin, brotherrr! What cha gonna do when that group runs wild on you?