X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Playoffs or bust

Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes on the message being sent throughout the locker room from the veteran players: "We need to do whatever it takes. It's not so much the younger guys, but the older guys. If we want to get to where we need to be, it's going to start with the older guys on this team. We want to go to the playoffs, and we will go to the playoffs. It's going to start this week. If you're with us, you're with us. If not, we'll weed you out."

Bottom of this article:

I hope we find out who these players are that don't give 2 ****s!
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I love Takeo. He's dead on!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• fabolouspaul
      • Oct 2002

Finally some FIRE!!!
      LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

Thank god we have a guy like him! someone had to step up and say what needed to be said!

Comment

• E-Klips
          You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
          • Oct 2003

He sounds hyped up! Kinda reminds me of how hyped up he was for the Sunday night game against Miami. Let's hope for better results this time. I like the fire, but let me see that same fire ON THE FIELD this Sunday!
          CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• fabolouspaul
            • Oct 2002

Hopefully he'll be as hyped as the New England game!!!!! He needs to regain his form as being the Defensive player of the year once again.
            LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by E-Klips
              He sounds hyped up! Kinda reminds me of how hyped up he was for the Sunday night game against Miami. Let's hope for better results this time. I like the fire, but let me see that same fire ON THE FIELD this Sunday!
              The defense did do a pretty good job against Miami IMO. He is a leader both verbally and on the field. Go getem Takeo!

Comment

• E-Klips
                You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz
                The defense did do a pretty good job against Miami IMO. He is a leader both verbally and on the field. Go getem Takeo!

I meant more the win than the performance of the defense. I want to see this team play well AND win, not one out of two.
                CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• NoRing4U
                  • Jun 2003

Good luck.

What makes you think Spikes is a leader? Milloy better bust out his leadership book asap.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by NoRing4U
                    Good luck.

What makes you think Spikes is a leader? Milloy better bust out his leadership book asap.

Link that either Spikes or Milloy aren't leaderrs!?:stone:

Comment

• askabry
                      • Jul 2002

Thanks Takeo.

Now let's try to deliver some of your wonderful fire out on the playing field. I'm sick to death of talk from players like you and Fletcher, only to see you blocked out of plays by physical specimens like Wayne Chrebet.

Deliver me something ... anything. Because with all Ralph's dollars in your pockets, it seems like you've been a little slow to the ball the last four weeks.
                      what the last four years of a Republican House, Senate and Presidency has gotten us ...
                      • tax cuts for the wealthy in the hundreds of billions
                      • 1,000 dead American servicemen
                      • the U.S. Constitution trampled upon
                      • our national debt growing into the TRILLIONS of dollars
                      • implicit lies and consistent obfuscations of the truth regarding Iraq

I can hardly wait to see what four more years will get us.

Comment

• NoRing4U
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by The Spaz

Link that either Spikes or Milloy aren't leaderrs!?:stone:
                        Link that they are?

I can play that game as well.

Now, what makes you think Spikes is a leader? Milloy may be (seeing as he was NE Captain), but Spikes? Nawwwww.

Comment

• The Spaz
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by NoRing4U

Link that they are?

I can play that game as well.

Now, what makes you think Spikes is a leader? Milloy may be (seeing as he was NE Captain), but Spikes? Nawwwww.
                          I think Spikes comment speaks for itself it shows he cares about his team and the state that there in.

Comment

• WNYnut
                            • Jul 2002

as Takeo would say, someone needs to make it hot. locker room call outs are dandy and all, but if this doesn't translate to big plays on the field, what good is this doing us? fact of the matter is, we need some sort of consistency on offense, with some decent o-line play, and the defense needs to force turnovers.

i respect takeo for taking a leadership roll and getting this team fired up, and boy do i hope it works!
                            "Remember, you can always find East by staring directly at the sun."

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by E-Klips
                              I couldn't agree more. I like that they are steping up and saying things in practice and the locker room, but I withhold all judgements until I see it on the field on Sundays.
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X