PDA

View Full Version : And if things couldnt't get worse...

Rhett4NHL
10-15-2003, 12:58 PM
Briere apparently injured himself during a weight lifting routine and will be forced to miss the Western road trip. To compensate for his loss, the Sabres had to call up Domenic Pittis from Rochester and in return, send Ryan Miller back.

Two of our top six fowards (Hecht, Briere) on the sidelines? This doesn't bode well for the Sabres.

The Spaz
10-15-2003, 01:00 PM
As I posted elsewhere SOB!:(

Makaveli
10-15-2003, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by Rhett4NHL
send Ryan Miller back.

:bigwave: c-ya later Miller! My favorite part of the article... "Miller started two games for the Sabres and has an 0-2 record with a 4.07 goals-against average and an .840 save percentage." :cp:

Earthquake Enyart
10-15-2003, 01:29 PM
Miller is the only one with options left. If they tried to send down Mika, he would have to clear waivers, which wouldn't happen.

Makaveli
10-15-2003, 01:32 PM
yea I know, any time I post something about Miller people always say that so I've been over it :gossip:

SkateZilla
10-15-2003, 01:55 PM
briere is hurt,, damn..
they couldnt call up ROY?
who the heck is the other guy?

Makaveli
10-15-2003, 02:07 PM
lol apparently Pittis has been around the NHL since 96, and in fact he has been on Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Edmonton, Nashville and now Buffalo again. Maybe they called him up to play against his old team, Buffalo is who he got his first point (goal) with and Edmonton was the first team he actually played some games with, he played 22 games with them, previous to that he only played 1 game with Pittsburgh, 10 games with Buffalo (in 2 seasons) and then 22 with Edmonton.

Yes I am the human database :hang:

Earthquake Enyart
10-15-2003, 02:52 PM
Pittis is a stiff.

I agree. Bring up Roy.

pyrrhonist
10-15-2003, 03:11 PM
Doh. The Sabres' trip our here on the West Coast is going to be a nerve-racking one.

qcsabresfan84
10-15-2003, 03:36 PM
There's a reason that we didn't pull up Roy. He has a mild concussion. There's no use in bringing a gimp out west. Don't get me wrong though, i can't wait to see this kid out on the ice with us.

Rhett4NHL
10-15-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Pittis is a stiff.

I agree. Bring up Roy.

It's either a stiff or a kid on IR.

JD
10-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Ya really I thought Roy was like one of the Amerks best, then again I dont follow them.

SkateZilla
10-15-2003, 04:34 PM
Bring Up Miller and Put Him In Defense Uniform, He Can Act as a Preliminary Goalie for Edmonton to beat before they get to Shoot on Biron (thats the Ultimate Skate-Zilla Strategy)

JD
10-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Well connolly is hurt too so its actually 3, right?

Rhett4NHL
10-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by JD SabreFan
Ya really I thought Roy was like one of the Amerks best, then again I dont follow them.

He's played two games for the Amerks, and he's one of their best?

He was one of the best junior players last year, but he's by no means an AHL All-Star at this point. Considering he's got a concussion, he's not going to be up here.

Pittis, on the other hand, is a great AHL player. He led the league in points last year. Too bad that never usually translate to success at the NHL level. I mean, just look at Botterill. He led the AHL in goals last year, and he looks like molasses in a Sabres uni.

JD
10-15-2003, 06:14 PM
:madcloud:

ONCE AGAIN

I DO NOT FOLLOW THE AMERKS

IM NOT A HOCKEY FREAK

I JUST WATCH SABRES

THATS IT

I CARE ABOUT NOTHING MORE

:madcurse:

:snicker2:

Milenko
10-15-2003, 08:23 PM
Pittis is the AHL's version of Gretzky lol.

He's the Jody Gage of this era. He'll rack up 40 goals and 50 assists for Rochester, or any other club. Get called up to the show, and not score a point all year. LOL

Its kinda weird really lol

pyrrhonist
10-15-2003, 11:54 PM
The most concerning part about the story on Danny is that is being categorized as a "severe hamstring injury". Man, what the Hell was Danny trying to do----Squat Andrew Peters??

Fennernen
10-16-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist
Man, what the Hell was Danny trying to do----Squat Andrew Peters??

HAHAHA!!! Oh that's classic!

SABURZFAN
10-16-2003, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Milenko
Pittis is the AHL's version of Gretzky lol.

He's the Jody Gage of this era. He'll rack up 40 goals and 50 assists for Rochester, or any other club. Get called up to the show, and not score a point all year. LOL

Its kinda weird really lol

get rid of this guy in a trade and get us a goal scorer in buffalo.let him underachieve somewhere else.

Twistmyarm
10-16-2003, 07:11 AM
Briere will make the road trip and chances are he will skate...

Pittis is here just as a precaution in case Dan has problems

unless my source is wrong..but I highly doubt that LOL!

Myers57
10-16-2003, 10:26 AM
lol, he better make the roadtrip, I need him to support my own Fantasy Hockey League..

Earthquake Enyart
10-16-2003, 10:30 AM
I didn't know about Roy's concussion.

Pittis is Denis Hamel reincarnated.

Rhett4NHL
10-16-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

get rid of this guy in a trade and get us a goal scorer in buffalo.let him underachieve somewhere else.

Umm. The guy is a career minor leagure who CLEARED waivers. Who are you going to trade him to? How about no one.

Pittis was signed to play specifically in Rochester. Other than being a call up, he has nothing to do with Buffalo and Regier. He's Gage's guy otherwise. He has no effect on bringing a scorer to the Sabres, and he's not an underachiever. Instead, he's a minor league veteran that is a great AHL player. He's never going to make this team. That's not his purpose.

SkateZilla
10-16-2003, 01:27 PM
Sorta Like how ROD taylor was Signed to Play for the Hampton Roads Admirals and No Where Else, Just so the Team had a VET,

This was back in 1998 when they were still in the ECHL, and Beleive it or not he's 40 something and he still plays in the ECHL ..lmao