X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HenryRules
    • Jul 2002

Who's fault is this so far?

Ever since the GW/TD tandem (and since KG) has taken over the Bills there has been a common complaint that GW (and now KG) do not run the team to best maximize the players provided and instead stick to the styles they've become accustomed to.

Most have chosen to blame GW for this.

I choose to blame TD. Here's why:
    He interviewed the two of them. After doing so, he somehow believed that the team he is assembling (run-oriented moves on offense; and a D that is solid everywhere but DE) would be beneficial to the schemes the coaching staff would run.

However, as we have seen, neither GW nor KG seem to work well with the players we have.

Now, why have we gone out and gotten those players then? KG never used a power running game from an I-formation anywhere that he has been, do you think he requested we go out and get Gash and replace our almost pro-bowl #2 receiver with a horrible #2? If the OC doesn't want the same sort of player as the GM, why did the GM hire the OC?

And onto GW - his defenses in Tenn. (or Fisher's if you will) were based on sack-happy DE's (Kearse and Holmes were the DE's just before he left I believe), now are either Schoebel or Denney the equivalent of Kearse and Holmes at that time? I don't think they are. Again, why did TD focus on getting good players, but not necessarily players that were good for the system?

Either there has been some vast miscommunication between the GM and his coaches or else TD has set this team up to fail.
  • Travis Hunter
    • Jul 2002

I blame the Cubs fan in left field.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

TD gave a Defensive coordinator a shot at a Head coaching position. Nothing wrong with that. Problem is he chose the wrong one to give it to. The Panthers are doing a great job and it seems to me their players bought into John Fox's system and are undefeated.

Our players seem to have lost confidence in GW's system to the point that his team seems lifeless the last 4 games. I'm not saying that Fox is already a great coach but what GW has failed the last 4 games is to instill a heart to keep on fighting til the end just like the Colts did against the Bucs .

My question is, who fired Mike Sheppard and decided to go with Gilbride? Was it GW or TD?
      Last edited by justasportsfan; 10-15-2003, 02:57 PM.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• XNOUGHT
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Travis Hunter
        I blame the Cubs fan in left field.
        I'm lost.

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          TD gave a Defensive coordinator a shot at a Head coaching position. Nothing wrong with that. Problem is he chose the wrong one to give it to. The Panthers are doing a great job and it seems to me their players bought into John Fox's system and are undefeated.

Our players seem to have lost confidence in GW's system to the point that his team seems lifeless the last 4 games.

My question is, who fired Mike Sheppard and decided to go with Gilbride? Was it GW or TD?
          I believe it was TD who hired KG (his Pitt connection and my failing memory are what make me believe this).

There wasn't anything wrong with the initial hire of GW as long as they agreed upon the type of defense that GW was going to use ... hiring a HC without agreeing to his systems is not a good plan. If they agreed on the type of defense that GW would run, then either GW is not running that defense or TD is not supplying him with the players to run that defense. Seeing as TD hasn't called out GW (or fired him in the offseason) for running a defense that he doesn't have the DE's for, I see it as TD not giving GW the players.
          Last edited by HenryRules; 10-15-2003, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• E-Klips
            You Have Failed Me For The Last Time...
            • Oct 2003

I blame the second shooter in the grassy knoll. Bastard.
            CLASSIC QUOTE!!

"We've been simplifying. As the year goes on, we usually get more simpler. We'll continue to do that."

More simpler is right. ******.

-lordofgun, reacting to a quote from Gregg Williams, 10/15/03

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

For different reasons, someone else agrees:

The Buffalo Bills' rapid descent to 3-3 might have been avoided had Tom Donahoe acted last offseason on the status of Gregg Williams, either by extending his contract or bidding him farewell; by doing something other than nothing.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍